“Ventiki”

Ranked #28 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Ventiki”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Amazing Drinks, GREAT food, and an all around FUN ambiance...I highly recommend this Super Tiki authentic bar.

Santa Barbara, California
“Welcome home”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just what I have been waiting for! Somewhere that feels like the Asian vibe with benefits. The ambiance, character and charm of this new gem on the block gem has added just the right spice to downtown Ventura that everyone has been craving. The amazing drinks are legit and the pulled pork tacos are mouth-watering deliciousness. One tip of advice though: enjoy the outdoor terrace and cozy fire pit in the meantime...REAL drinks take a lil bit of time to create:)

S. California
“It's too bad”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I recently went to this restaurant early on a Saturday night. I had high hopes for it. It is the perfect vibe for a laid back seaside town like Ventura but the drinks / food don't live up to expectations. We started with Mai Tai and Scorpion cocktails. The Mai Tai cocktail was okay but nothing like you get on Maui and the Scorpion cocktail tasted like they forgot the alcohol. Both should have been much better for $12 each. For dinner, my wife decided she was going to have the pork sliders with pineapple coleslaw. A man at the next table mentioned to my wife that he had the sliders but wanted to let her know that the sliders do not come with any pineapple slaw. We asked the waitress and she agreed that the menu had a typo and pineapple slow did not come with the pork sliders. Therefore my wife changed her mind and ordered an entree salad. The waitress expained they had just run out of lettuce. While my wife re-looked the menu, I ordered the chicken skewer. Unfortunately, the waitress then informed us they were out of chicken too. That was the last straw. We decided not to eat there and left for another restaurant on Main St. It is really too bad that they don't have their act together.

Ventura, CA
“Good idea, needs time to settle in”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Service was very slow - one inexperienced server who hadn't quite gotten the flow... The food, however, was really good. I had the Cali ahi bowl and our friends had pork sliders and tiki tacos. The drinks were good but again, service not so good - we got our drinks when we were almost through with our food. I am willing to try again, but it will have to be a lot better to keep me coming back.

Ventura, California
“Ventiki - more like "Don't tiki"”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Almost empty place- took over twenty minutes to get our order drink order taken. To get served was another ten minutes. For two drinks! Almost walked out twice. Bartender/owner was more distracted by stories of himself that the customer service lacked. He should have just had a mirror in front of himself because nobody else existed. Drinks lacked alcohol. Ambiance is cool and décor is unique. It's a shame that the service sucks!

• Visited August 2013