“Great time, we'll be back!”

Ventura Beach RV Resort
Reviewed December 29, 2013

So I read the reviews after my hubby had already made reservations. I was scared going in but gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice RV park. Super clean with lots of amenities. Playground, stocked store, pool, arcade, bikes, great showers and bathrooms. Workers were super nice, and check in was easy check. The beach was a short walk. My family: myself, hubby, 2 kids (9 &7), 2 puppies had a great time. We will definitely choose here to camp with our trailer. The reviews are correct about a ridiculous fee for visitors and their vehicles. But we had our friends park outside across the road and we all walked to the beach. Security is definitely on top of things no biggie though. They're older gentlemen but they're doing a good job. They had us move our truck from camp site because they said it could possibly be used even though there were 7 empty spots next to us.We just laughed about it and moved our truck. All in all it was no big deal. We had a great time. We saw no transients or heard a bunch of noise. It was was walking distance to beach and close to downtown tourist area..

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank plumasb

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 5 besutiful days at the park. A good thing the weather was good because the park is nice but because they can they will rip you off in every way possible. No cable TV, they charge an up charge for everything possible, and threaten you upon registration to assess a fine for just about everything. The rates are high to begin with but you are charged extra for what is determined to be a premium site ( mine was across from the restrooms ). Since there is no cable we asked to be close to the cell tower in the park to try and view TV through the internet. That will be an extra 15.00 per night for a requested spot. Relatives were joining us so to be together that will also be 15.00 a night. I brought my motorcycle behind my 5th wheel so that constituted a second vehicle another 10.00 per night. A max of 6 people per sight but if you have more than 4 in your party another 5.00 per person. If you have a pet 4.00 per night. When you get upset at all the ridiculous charges, first there is nowhere to go but you guessed it no refunds. If friends are in the area and want to visit you 5.00 per person and 10.00 for the car. If you are thinking just park outside and come in your guests as well as anyone staying in the park are required to where a wrist band for the entire stay. I guess you are to never shower or wash? The park is surrounded by homeless transients who seem to want to steal your belongings but despite the fact that the park advertises 24 hour security they are not responsible for any thefts. I spoke with several people who had stopped there while traveling through and said they have never been that nickel and dimed and would never stay there again. The park is nice and the location the same but the owner and management are legal crooks. Avoid it at all costs. No pun intended!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank oldguy58
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Having been unable to find a decent RV park closer to Santa Barbara, we stayed in Ventura Beach RV Resort (25 miles to SB). This is a perfunctory place which offers a decent swimming pool and hot tub but not much else. No Cable TV. Slow wifi. No gym.Train and highway noise. And there is a security risk here, being located close to a town with many homeless people in need. The price per night here is high, probably because of the 24-hour security staff.

However, it really is only a 15-minute walk to the ocean, or in the other direction a 15-minute walk to Downtown Ventura. Unfortunately the downtown area is down on its heels, with about a dozen Thrift Shops, but a few surprisingly nice restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

First clue when checking in, they make you sign a clause stating there are no refunds. I understand why because half the people would probably leave. Not to mention we've never been to any campground that makes you wear wristbands at all times to make sure you belong there. Not worth $75 to listen to the freeway noise. Our motorhome didn't even fit in the spot they assigned us. We had 3 rigs & they put us at opposite ends of the campground. When we asked to be moved closer to our friends they said it was against their policy the only way they would move us is if we paid an extra $15. At this point I wouldn't give them an extra cent. These employees & manager were rude beyond belief. This campground doesn't deserve the one circle, avoid it like the plague.
I filled in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 1goinggone
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Okay, this was a night to quickly forget. Usually, after a bad lodging experience I just move on, looking for something better. Here, I feel people should be warned.

The campground is situated close to Ventura beach, which is a huge plus. But, inevitably, you're close to Hwy 101. Should be no problem, as the ground is large enough to design it in a way so guests won't vbs to suffer too much from the noice.

Whoever designed this camping must have been drunk. Why would you put the the tent sites adjacent the Hwy 101?! They're the least sound proof of all, especially compared to the humongous RVs you see now and then. The picnic spots are farthest from the Hwy, they should have swapped them with the tents.

But this is the real problem I have with the Ventura Beach RV Resort: I think it's on purpose, so they can upsell to the more expensive places. The staff acts very friendly though, but the camping's policy seems impersonal and goes after every penny in your pocket.
As soon as we were assigned our spot, I directly went back inside to ask for a tiny move, two spots to the right (still with thunder from the hwy, but slightly more privacy)... "Moving places or chosing a spot in general is 15$ extra". Also, they precense of security guards and cameras everywhere tells me they don't trust people. Made me feel like cattle.

We left this dreadful place asap, after 3 hours of sleep (with earplugs in!). You'll be warned!

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank roelseegers
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a trip down the coast. The "101" does run right along one side of the park and this does provide for a very high noise level, but it's not like they're trying to keep that a secret. Yes it is on the pricey side, but just try to get a weekend spot on the spur of the moment at one of the nearby state campgrounds, good luck! The park is crowded and compact, after all it's only like 70 miles or so from the LA metro area, but is very clean considering this.

Rules? Yes lots, but mostly common sense ones that sadly must be spelled out for so many thoughtless, self absorbed campers these days. The rental contract is lengthy but all rules and negative aspects of the park are listed and do require guest acknowledgment with renter's initials so the choice to stay is yours...
We did like all of the grass/vegetation and the throng of children campers all seemed to be thoroughly having a blast!

Room Tip: No tips... Sorry, you're on your own with this one!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ZONATRVLRS
Reviewed August 30, 2013

we always stay at ferara beach but we were taking the grandkids so we stayed at the rv park.I made reservations in june.I was told that the price was $60.00 per night.We got there and payed for two nights to see how the grandkids would be.The lady in the office said just come back in and pay the the other blance of $60.00 per night when i went into the office the lady said it would be $70.00 per night. I show her the receipt that the lady gave me. and she said that she was wrong that those premium sites for $70.00 per night .The so called premium site are so loud that you can not sleep. also i was told that the pool was warm for the kids but it was ice cold.The guards were very nice.The price is to hight for what you get.I would never go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family