“Great food. Long wait”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Vidor, Texas
“Great food. Long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here shortly after a beautiful ocean sunset. I would give them four stars but we had quite a wait. I will make it clear we were told prior to seating the wait for sushi was 30-40 minutes we were not in a hurry and enjoyed a nice evening on the patio area. The food was great. The Jalapeño and Mushroom appetizer was awesome. The Hawaiian roll was also very good but it is very spicy! The seating areas are very small but the food was worth the wait and the tight squeeze.

Visited April 2014

Oxnard, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I love it here.. They do take a long time to serve you. But it's so worth the wait... The avacado bombs are delicious... Their sushi is really good and fresh... But if you are very hungry, I would suggest probably not coming here as you do have to wait up to 45 minutes for your food... But they do let you know from the get go, how long the wait will be.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank xo_cyn
“Great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I love coming here. The food is good, the portions are generous, and the prices are great. The "avocado bomb" is awesome. I always recommend it to first-timers. I haven't had anything here that I didn't like. They have great specials on Tuesdays. The wait staff is very friendly. The one drawback is that they are closed too much (don't open until 12 for lunch, close mid-day before dinner, close for unusual holidays: Halloween, New Year's Eve Day, New Year's Day). It gets frustrating trying to find the exact right time to eat here). Also, their website needs to be updated. It says they are closed on Tuesdays.

• Visited December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Long waits, not good for new customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, I never tried the food because the 20 minute wait time was actually 50 minutes. Great for locals not good for new customers and/or hungry customers. Check out other sushi restaurants in the area who are happy to serve new customers.

Visited November 2013
Ventura, California, USA
“Tremendous Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This restaurant is just a few blocks from our house, so we decided to give it a try. The quality of the fish was good (not top, top grade, but certainly passable), but what stood out for me was that the portions were very generous for a sushi restaurant. I would recommend trying again. We had the sample/box dinners, but I would like to return and try some of the roles.

Visited October 2013