“Delicious Sand Dabs”

Lure Fish House
Ranked #1 of 436 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours: Happy Hour Sunday 11:30 am - 6:00 pm and Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. We have a Private Dining Room and offer Patio seating overlooking beautiful downtown Ventura! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
Reviewed December 5, 2013

On a recent visit to Ventura, my husband and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Lure. The sand dabs were incredible. They were prepared with a lemon caper sauce and were just delicious. The chopped salad side and parmesan potato cake were wonderful too. Everything was fresh and the portions were generous. My husband ordered an albacore avocado tuna stack and enjoyed it very much. The waitress was friendly and attentive. We definitely will return next time we are in the area.

1  Thank MPP214

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lure is the best place in town for happy hour specials. It is crowded, so get a seat early. The ceviche is the best I have ever had. The happy hour menu is plenty for a dinner. Great service too. We ate there 2 nights in a row!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Can't really jump on the Lure bandwagon. It is nicely decorated, has an upbeat, modern feel, but seems to believe (maybe because it is) that it is the hot place to be seen in town. The design creates a loud, bustling feel. The prices are moderately high. My best measure of a good fish house is how well they make ceviche and cioppino. To me, both of these were flat and uninteresting. The seafood was fresh enough. Service was bubbly and intrusive. Gotta leave this one to the tourists, who will probably enjoy it-- so I am happy both for them and the restaurant, I just won't be joining them very often.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I truly wish I had the waitor's name - he was more like a consultant, and made the menu and the experience just come alive (if he's not part owner, he should be)! From the oysters to the seafood grill with Artic Char (and great pinot noir) to the shared key lime pie, it was a fabulous experience for all of us. My son recommended we go, and braced us for a more expensive expereience, but I felt it was very affordable given the quality.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This restaurant was highly recommend by our colleagues and we were definitely pleased that we went to Lure!!

I had not read any reviews before we went there, but reading the reviews now on TA, it seems that most reviewers are agreement overall.

Yes the restaurant can be crowded at times (but so are most popular restaurants anyways!). We had to wait 15 minutes to get a table but that was okay. Some reviewers have mentioned that the place gets loud at times. When we went there a couple of nights ago (weekday), noise levels were very normal :-)

At the restaurant, the service was great, food was even better - with very generous portions! Most entrees were in the $14-$20 range. I had the seared Ahi tuna entrée which was simply fabulous! My colleagues had swordfish and halibut respectively and everyone enjoyed their food very much. Our sever also recommended a nice bottle of wine for us.

If you are in the Ventura area, I would highly recommend this restaurant for a nice seafood dinner.

Been to Lure Fish House? Share your experiences!