“Excellent food and service!!! Great for seafood!”
Review of Lure Fish House

Lure Fish House
Ranked #1 of 441 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours: Happy Hour Sunday 11:30 am - 6:00 pm and Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. We have a Private Dining Room and offer Patio seating overlooking beautiful downtown Ventura! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
Reviewed June 26, 2013

They did a good job on my calamari. It was crispy without being too hard, and the Thai sauce really makes it. The charbroiled fish is well-executed, and will bring a smile to your face. The Pacific dab -- one of the house specialities -- is not bad. The side dishes were good, but nothing to write home about. On the other hand, perhaps one should write home -- some restaurants, even fancy ones, can get simples things so wrong. The dinner rolls were nice & warm. They were good, but not exceptional. Tripadvisor asks me whether this is one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant. It comes close, but not quite there. While the main dishes are satisfying and pleasing, the secondary dishes (the sides, for example) could use more imagination.

My waitress was attentive, knowledgeable, pleasant, perceptive, and, above all, intelligent! This is a rare combination, and I hope that she will move up to something better.

The ambience is good, and right now (6/2013) it has the vibe of a really happening place -- perhaps more like trendy for mature people. You can find a table quiet enough for a conversation, even though the Lure Fish House is often quite crowded. I'd recommend it, and I'd recommend making a reservation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Went during happy hour on my recent trip to Ventura and loved the food. Shrimp taco, ahi ceviche, and clam chowder are all on happy hour and delicious. There happy isn't great value, but it's worth the money. And our service was excellent.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very good restaurant - Loved it but unfortunately for me it's almost 2 hours from my house.

At first I thought this was a fairly fancy and sophisticated place, because my boyfriend and I were in jeans and a t-shirt and sort of felt a little under dressed. We thought maybe we should've at least had a polo or a button up shirt but still it didn't matter.

The restaurant was clean and spacious, the food was awesome. We had a cup of red veracruz clam chowder, fish and chips with pineapple slaw, grilled sea bass tacos, and finished with Sorbetini desert. The Mango, lemon and raspberry sorbet with house made raspberry chambord sauce was so good my boyfriend and I had to slow down so we could take the time to enjoy it. Everything was so flavorful and clean tasting but the unique item in this meal was the pineapple slaw, it was refreshing and sweet. At the end of the meal...the bill was only $30 bucks for both of us. It was so satisfying and so delicious I wish there was a Lure Fish House in LA county or Orange County!!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Came back and was blown away by the service provided. Our server, Tyler, was awesome. Attentive without being intrusive.

Last visit wasn't great. This visit, though, was night and day.

Everything was perfect. We'll be back...

1  Thank bballtravel
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice atmosphere. Took quite a while to get a menu even though I was seating right by the entry and in full view of a few of the employees, including the hostess. After the waitress finally noticed me she brought a menu. I ordered a beer and it took longer than it should have to get that back to me. Then I ordered lunch and that seemed to take longer than it should have also. When I got it the fish was on the dry side and was rather bland. I enjoyed the atmosphere but the service and the food was so-so. I would have rated this place a 4 IF the wait staff had not delayed taking my orders and getting them back to me though. But, this seems to be the theme for Ventura. The customer does not seem to be a priority in the restaurants in this area. Too bad, a good, friendly wait staff can make all the difference if you want repeat business and good reviews.

1  Thank Wrenchbender58

Been to Lure Fish House? Share your experiences!