“Losing its luster”

Johnny's Taco Bar
Ranked #87 of 436 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Johnnys has lost its luster since the new owners took over several years ago. Still, if I am in the neighborhood I will order the chili colorado burrito.

I have been going to Johnny's for more than 30 years. t remains a dive on the Avenue. Perhaps that is part of it's charm and ambiance. Though declining with the new owner it is still worth a stop.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

A little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. You walk up and order but there is both indoor and outdoor seating. I got an enchilada and a beef taco while my husband ordered three carne asada tacos. The chips were made fresh and could choose from corn or flour. Great food for a great price.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

30 years ago when I lived down the street I fell in love with Johnny's Taco Bar. Well, the neighborhood's still rough and Johnny's is still making the best tacos on the planet.
I dare you to eat just one....brother, it can't be done! Once you put a Johnny's taco to your lips your life will never be the same. It is the gold standard you will use to measure every Mexican restaurant you will ever visit. But it does not end with the tacos. These guys will put ANYTHING in a burrito. Try the chile relleno burrito...it will blow your mind!