“A beachfront hideaway”
Review of Inn on the Beach

Inn on the Beach
Ranked #6 of 9 Ventura B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2005

After living in this town for almost 15 years one might think I would have discovered this hotel before now. The truth be told, I did know of it, I just never made any effort to get to know it, and boy, what I have been missing.
A lovely oceanfront hotel, The Inn on the Beach has 3 floors of rooms from which to choose from. We stayed on the 2nd floor in room 208. Decorated in a victorian motif, we were given an end room which had a terrific view of the beach and of our local fairgrounds; the fair was in town the night we stayed so we sat out in the cool, moist air, sipping hot chocolate and watched the nightly firework show put on by the fair. Afterwards, we were a bit chilled from sitting out on the balcony, this is August and here in Ventura we are known for our foggy, cool summer days, so we turned on the fireplace, which also served as the heater for the room. We each took a bath in the jacuzzi tub and then climbed into the 7th heaven bed and watched the flames of the gas fireplace and listened to the surf hit the shore. Bliss...total relaxation!

7th heaven is a perfect name for these beds, I slept very well and awoke to the sound of the surf breaking on the shore right out side our door. We went to the breakfast room and brought back coffee, juice and muffins, opened the sliding door and sat down to eat our complimentary breakfast on the balcony. We also discovered a Ventura County Star newspaper had been delivered complimentary to our door. We read the paper cover to cover. The Inn on the Beach is Ventura's best kept secret!

I continued to relax. After breakfast, we still had time before we checked out so we took a little nap. When it came time to leave we were a bit disappopinted, that is until the clerk pointed out that during the fall and winter months the rates drop fairly low!! I believe I will make reservations now for Valentine's Day 2006!!

11  Thank KitKat59
There are newer reviews for Inn on the Beach

Reviewed August 8, 2005

The wife and I were there for two nights celebrating our anniversary.

This place is right on the beach, and if you were any closer, you'd be wet. The rooms were nicely decorated and had been remodeled recently. Beds were new, and of a very high quality. All balconies face the ocean and we found great joy in people watching and enjoyed the sunsets. We left the back slider open and listened to the waves crash all night. It sure beat the traffic noise of home.

There are plenty of restaurants and bars within a few miles that can appease just about any tastes.

Being laid back beach people, this place fit our needs perfectly. Since it's only an hour way, we'll be back again.

Surf's up!

Bill & Dani

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank Whalefluke
Reviewed June 20, 2005

The Inn on The Beach was just that. Open the sliding glass doors and listen to the waves crashing on the beach. Our weekend was a special surprise (birthday) and she didn't know what to expect. The Inn was perfect. The staff was great and the bed and bedding was wonderful. I can't say enough about the Inn.
My only concern was with the airconditioning. I have seen some very old reviews with the same concern of the A/C not working. The Inn should try to fix that issue....... but it is ON the beach. Who needs A/C right?

The weekend was perfect! We will return.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank Dpettis
Reviewed July 20, 2004

Two years ago my husband and I took a trip to California with no particular destination in mind. We just happened upon the Inn on the Beach and fell in love with the location. We were treated very nicely and loved the decor which was newly done. The outside of the Inn is very average but the location is superior, our room was deluxe and the ocean view and sound was heavenly. We will be going back to the Inn on the Beach next month. Can't wait!

4  Thank sinclair185
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed June 27, 2004

My friend and I stayed there in June 2004. We arrived late at night and were delighted to go to bed with the sound of the ocean coming through our door. The staff was very friendly and the location EXCELLENT! I think you should keep in mind what you want... a room with a great view of the ocean or a four-star spa experience. No, it is not the most elegant hotel I've ever stayed at. Yes, there are things that needed repaired. (And clearly, someone took a wallpaper class and went a little overboard.) But we had a great experience! Great view, nice room, friendly staff... Hey, works for me! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2004

Friends recommended this hotel as the perfect romantic get-a-way. I travelled a long way and was very pleased with the room, view and friendliness of everyone I met...

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orange County, Ca
Reviewed June 7, 2004

I had lunch in the area due to an overnight stay (work related) and stopped in quickly due to convienence. Living in OC the beach is always right in front of me, but staying here it felt as thought the beach was MINE. There isn't much to do in the immediate area during the week, but hey we all work, but I chose to stay here and from now on will ensure repeat business every chance that I get. This is SUPER little place and I recommend it to ANYONE, except for snooty individuals that nit pick every little detail...you're on the sand for heaven's sake. BOOK IT!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventura
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 23 in Ventura
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura

Been to Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!