Inn on the Beach
Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$125
$98
$164
$149
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$119
BestWestern.com
$84
$81
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$192
  • Breakfast included
$79
$167
$159
All reviewsgas fireplaceantique furniturethird floorsocial tapcalifornia coastduneoceanseaward
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I wanted a quick getaway out of Los Angeles. Most beach locations are either distant or very pricey or both. The location of this hotel can't be beat. Nice beach, nearby restaurants, comfortable bed. The place is a touch worn and there is a bit of a fusty odor around the lobby, (he beach is tough on buildings), but was comfortable. The room was fine. There are painted ceramic-top tables on the balconies. There are antiques everywhere. There was a refrigerator, and I believe there was a microwave in the breakfast room (2nd floor). We stayed on the top (3rd floor), which I recommend. The breakfast is so-so. There is free parking, and free wi-fi - though it wasn't working Saturday evening and Sunday. I really like the restaurant Spasso across the way. The area has a classic CA beach vibe to it - not entirely gentrified. This was a perfect respite for us, and stays on my list for quick getaways.

Room Tip: 3rd floor - first floor view is blocked by dunes
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZiaKat
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I loved this place it was absolutely beautiful, my girls an I were at six flags during the day, I should had stayed there longer. There are some local bums and drunks that hangout by the beach but they were mostly minding their own.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

So my husband booked this room as a Valentine/Birthday surprise for me. He was a bit concerned by a few of the negative(ish) reviews about the place being run down, etc. but the negative remarks were for stuff that doesn't matter much to us so he stuck with the reservation. We are both SO GLAD that he did. We love this place and will now return over and over again. We had a third floor room looking out to the ocean. In fact ALL the rooms look out to the ocean. We slept with the sliding door open all night, listening to the surf. There was a gas fireplace and a jacuzzi tub. We loved this room. The decor is on the antique side and that's awesome. This is not a bed and breakfast. This is a hotel. Continental breakfast in the morning is coffee, pastries and juice. PERFECT!!! There is a breakfast place about 3 businesses down. You are paying for, (and getting) an amazingly comfortable bed, an unbelievable view, the sound of the surf all night, pleasant inn keepers, cozy décor and location, location, location. We love it and will be back again and again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shae M
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Starting with the good, this property has an excellent beachfront location, steps away from a number of restaurants. Parking is free and there is a cold continental breakfast.

On to the bad, our room was in a severe state of disrepair. The list is pretty long but the main issues were in the washroom including a ghastly water damaged ceiling that had a hole large enough to see the bottom of the bathroom above. The ceiling light didn't work for some reason, so a bedside lamp was set up on the small vanity (at least there was a gfi). The bathroom door was installed improperly and scraped the tile floor when opened. The room had light switches that didn't work, and when I tried to use one lamp switch it got jammed in place. At the front desk they informed us that the heater was a fireplace, but there was no thermostat to control it (just an on-off).

As for the ugly, the carpets were beyond gross, I'm sure they're original and they felt greasy underfoot. I wore my shoes the whole time. Also, I think the bathroom hadn't been cleaned, there was a hair and dried coffee on the vanity.

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here, get a room facing the beach on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Allison P
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed one night on our way through Ventura. Did not check reviews, our mistake. Front desk was friendly & welcoming. Rate was around $110 plus tax. Hotel is right on beach, if you must stay here I recommend second or third floor as there is no view from first floor. Sand build up & dirty glass are in the view. This could be a decent place but for the fact it is so dirty & run down. There is no excuse for the dirty. It could be fixed with a cleaning crew, a bucket of soapy water and a good steam cleaner. Everything needs to be wiped down or scrubbed, webs everywhere, mold in windows etc. It also needs a handyman, someone to just go through each room and fix what is broken. Dresser drawers are broken, handles missing, nails sticking out of head boards, window screens torn or missing, wall paper pealing off, door hinges broken, electrical plugs not working etc.
We do not recommend this place to other travelers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family