“Great Fish Tacos”

Spencer Makenzie's Fish
Ranked #3 of 434 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Voted best fish taco in the county.
Description: Voted best fish taco in the county.
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Enjoyed the fish tacos and the people. Always good for the family or just a quick taco. Wanted the Ceviche but talked myself into the fish tacos. Good call! Easy and fun and staff was cool. Had to wait a few minutes due to the line, but more than worth it.

There are newer reviews for Spencer Makenzie's Fish

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Every time my husband I go to Ventura, we HAVE to go to Spencer Makenzies. You can order the fish fried or grilled and the hot sauces really give them extra zing. My husband and I are fish taco junkies and we have not found any better than Makezie's

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The shrimp tacos are great. And the homemade sauces are just right.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Centrally located, great location for walks along beaches.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Yeah, I guess I took advantage by using my half-off Groupon on half-off "Giant Fish Tacos". I was pleasantly surprised. This was my first visit and the "Giant Fish Tacos" were very good!

My experience is that it is difficult to cook a fish filet, just right. Each taco had a generous, tender, perfectly cooked fish filet. The other ingredients balanced the flavor of the fish, yet allowed it to come through! The Chinese Mandarins were a nice touch.

The Chicken Parmesan Hard Shell Tacos were also good. I think they would be the bomb as a soft taco option.

The entire meal gave me the feel of splurging, but the piece of mind that I chose a healthy option.

I'll be back!

Been to Spencer Makenzie's Fish? Share your experiences!