“Delicious”
Review of Bollywood - CLOSED

Bollywood
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great Indian restaurant with huge portions and quality.
It changes from burgers...
Price 20$ per pers. (main dish+Rice+ Nan+Beer).

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I live in Ventura and when this restaurant opened, I dismissed it because of the Bandwagon name.
Eventually though, my GF and I tried it...
Wow! Great food! We have probably eaten there 6 times now and have never had a bad meal. Everything we have tried is perfectly spiced, fresh and delicious. The beers are reasonably priced, as is the food, but the service is inconsistent - ranging from: "Dude, leave me alone" to "Where the heck are you?" Having typed that, I will say that the staff are all really friendly and try (almost too) hard. If you are downtown in Ventura you will enjoy Bollywood.
As an aside, I was inspired to write this review because I have just eaten at another Indian restaurant (outside CA) and was wishing it was as good as Bollywood.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I went there during the 4th of July, they had advertised on their door 7.95 lunch specials so we decided to walk in and try the food out. When it was time to order we asked for the 7.95 lunch menu b/c they gave us the dinner menu. The guy (I think it was the owner) said that since it was the 4th of July they had to raise there prices and that there will be no lunch menu, they were only serving dinner. By that time, I felt like walking out but we went ahead and decided to order a dinner item to share. When the guy took our drink order, he told me that he would give me 15% off my bill b/c of the inconvenience, which made me feel a lot better, however, my husband and I still decided to share a dinner item b/c we did want too much food left over. When we gave him our dinner order he was very rude and asked, is that all you want? What about a side, what about another dish, so on and so on, he seemed very pushy and was a little bothered that we were sharing something. At that time I was very bothered and felt very uncomfortable. Shortly after we ended up just eating our food which was very good also to add the bus boy was also very good at keeping our drinks full. When we finished our server (which again I believe was the owner-very small place) gave us our bill and walked off, was very short with us, didn't say much at all. To my surprise (not really) he didn't end up giving us the 15% off like promised b/c we shared a meal. Wow! That was not a very good impression at all! I really liked the food and the bus boy was nice, however, because of the rude service we will probably not go back, too bad b/c the food is pretty good.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I are staying in a beach house in Hollywood Beach area and spent the afternoon shopping in Ventura. We were also scoping out restaurants for dinner, when we found Bollywood #4 (There are a few locations so they apparently differentiate them with numbers.) On Main Street, kitty-corner from Starbucks.I read all the reviews on both Yelp and Google, which were all very good. So, we took a chance and came in for dinner at 7:30 p.m.

We walked in and were immediately seated, but in a small table for two in the corner. I asked to be seated by a window, and they were more than happy to seat us there. They were attentive, but not in an annoying way, and they smiled, served the food piping hot, and made sure my wine glass was always full. Great service!

Food and price
My husband is English, and they say the national food in England is chicken korma, meaning he knows good korma. Well, the korma was absolutely spot on! I had the shrimp korma and he had
the shrimp coconut curry. We also had two orders of the basil, cilantro, garlic naan bread and a bottle of Chardonnay. My mouth waters just thinking about the food. It was delicious and only cost $70 (bottle of wine was $29).

Overall, it is delicious curry, great service, good location for people watching, and well priced. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Food is good and service is fine too. Good overall.