“Excellent Meal”

Sicily By Gino
Ranked #58 of 435 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Sicily by Gino we offer fresh Italian cuisine in a casual setting. Dine in our beautiful dining room, surrounded by vintage Italian posters or spend the evening on our sidewalk garden patio, where the perfume of our fresh herb garden permeates in the air. Whether you are getting a fresh baked pizza on the way to the movies or plan a more formal get-together our restaurant is the place for you. Straight fromm Sicily, Gino offers the most traditional Italian food, not to mention the best stories you could imagine. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had an excellent meal at Sicily Pizzeria. We ordered a Margherita Pizza with Insalata Di Antipasto. Very Italian and very good. Can't beat it.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This small restaurant is conveniently located next to the movie theaters on Main in Ventura. Featuring authentic Sicilian cuisine, this has to be the only place in town serving arancini, and other unique offerings. Always great pizzas and pannini sandwiches, soups, salads and deserts that you won't find elsewhere.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I know they probably have other good dishes, but the salad and pizza at Sicily is so good it is hard enough to decide which of these two dishes to eat that my husband and I usually order both to share. This place is delicious.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'd stopped in for iced tea and sat at an outdoor table overlooking Main St. this summer. I received attentive service, so I checked out the extensive menu, and vowed to come back for dinner, and finally we returned, much to our pleasure. I had a rich creamy gorgonzola risotto which was perfectly prepared and flavorful. Their basil tomato angel hair pasta in olive oil was also delicious. The salad at the table nearby was huge, and the couple raved about it (yes, it is a tiny cozy place but it doesn't detract from the excellent food). Fresh warm bread, a carafe of reasonably priced Chianti, a wide variety of pastas, pizzas and salads, and I was transported back to Italy. The owner enjoyed the photo on my credit card of the coliseum, since he is from Rome, one of my favorite cities. He even threw in a free shot of a very nice port. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've walked by this place a hundred times on my way to the movies. I THOUGHT it was a fast food Italian place, sub sandwiches or something.
Wow...was I wrong.
Sicily Pizzeria Trattoria is a full Italian restaurant and everything is made from scratch. The menu was quite ambitious for a small place. You can see the whole menu at www.sicilybygino.com. I had the Cappellini Checca (tomatoes, basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese over pasta), and Insalata Mediterranea (lettuce and arugula salad with a vinaigrette). Oh. my. god.
The capellini was cooked to perfection -- no soggy mushy pasta here. Perfectly al dente. The salad was amazing. I'll be back for lunch just for that (and it was huge).
I did that very American thing of taking home half my dinner, and it was great the next day.
Our server happened to be the owner, and was very friendly. We thought it was hilarious when he watched a sexy young woman walk by on the sidewalk as he was explaining the specials. He never missed a beat in his delivery.
Later, he came over and talked a bit about his life in Rome, and the food business. Then he leaned back and spoke fast and fluent Italian to customers at another table. Great guy, excellent food....we will definitely be back to sit on the sidewalk patio on a warm night.
Sorry, Cafe Fiore, you just moved to the number two position for Italian in Ventura.