“When you have a guest who is Vegetarian”
Review of Himalaya

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ventura Avenue
Ventura County
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When you have a guest who is Vegetarian”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Himalaya is at the west end of Ventura near the where the 33 and 101 part ways. Its in a strip mall on the east corner. So if a friend wants to eat something asian and vegetarian they have something on the menu that will be good. If you want spice they can add it.
So after visiting the mountain gear shop nearby you can refresh your memories of your visit to the roof of the world by having some highland foods.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank murphyautomuseum

• Polish first
Burgaw, North Carolina, United States
“Yummy!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am not adventurous, but my sister took my husband and I to Himalaya during our trip to see her in Ventura. She works just around the corner basically, and goes here alot. My husband enjoyed this as his first Indian experience, and I did as well as my second or third experience. The chutney was great. The fresh naan was superb.

• Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Yak it up.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Love the yak meat. two thumbs up. Smiling faces with good authentic Nepalese food. I wouldnt mind going there again.

• Visited October 2012
Ventura, California
“Very good food and excellent service”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was very excited to see a unique ethnic restaurant open up in Ventura. I finally visited this place with a friend over the weekend and definitely plan on going again. After much discussion and reading over the menu we decided on the momo appetizer, an eggplant dish, an okra based vegetable dish, and naan.

The momo was okay-I was expecting something different and was a little disappointed that they were basically potstickers. The eggplant dish was outstanding although a bit spicy considering we ordered in mild. The okra dish was very salty and when we mentioned that to the server he immedietely had the cook prepare a fresh dish with less salt for us. I love okra and have never had it served like this-it was amazing. The naan and mango lassi were very good as well.

Overall I really enjoyed the food and found the service to be outstanding. They seem eager to recommend dishes and talk about the food. I was very impressed with them replacing the dish for us as well.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank GlobalTouristHawaii
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
“Superb food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The best Indian/Nepali food i have had in Ventura county.
Things i would recommend are
Tibetan Momos