I was a little unsure when booking this hotel because of the reviews on the noise from the freeway. Sure enough, the hotel is literally on the edge of the 101 freeway. I am a light sleeper so we showed up a little early and asked for a room away from the freeway and our stay was GREAT!! Walk two (short) blocks and you're in the middle of town with lots of shops and a ton of restaurants. On the last day, I walked half block to Thompson street, then one block to Ash (walk right and cross the train tracks) and found the foot bridge that all the locals were using that takes you over the freeway and right to the pier and beach. The sunset was beautiful and we though of dining at the restaurant on the pier, but had planned to eat in town so we walked back after sunset. The rooms are big and there was also a refrigerator and microwave in our room which is big plus for me. There is also a complimentary breakfast that's COMPLETE with bacon and eggs, fruits pastries and cooked oatmeal. I love this place BUT not sure if I could take the noise on the freeway side. AC/Heater unit is a little noisy in rooms. I will stay here again went visiting this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanzi Hotel is located between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara in the coastal town of Ventura, California. Recently introduced as the only boutique hotel in Ventura. The Amanzi presents a contemporary ambiance with the warmth of hospitality. From carefully selected room amenities & guest services which enhance business travel or leisure trips, the hotel (formerly Country Inn & Suites by Carlson) offers the ideal location for your California trip. Complimentary hot breakfast, WiFi access, evening Manager's Happy Hour and spacious guest rooms (full renovations completed by winter 2017!) add value for travelers looking to enjoy all that the area has to offer. Stay comfortably as you rejuvenate at the beach, gather for business events at nearby venues, or tour the Pacific Coastline! The Amanzi Hotel is located right off the 101 Ventura Freeway, walking distance from the beach, Downtown Main Street and City Hall! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Amanzi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ventura Hotel Ventura
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Ventura
- Country Inn Ventura
- Ventura Country Inn