“Excellent food, good portions, would eat here again!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
Ranked #21 of 423 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: VENTURA RESTAURANT: DINING, CATERING, TAKE-OUT AND GIFT CARDS Choose Wood Ranch for Superb Dining at Moderate Prices. Among Ventura restaurants, Wood Ranch stands out as a great American restaurant, serving savory steaks , our nationally renowned Tri-Tip, as well as our highly praised chicken and fresh fish. We are also nationally recognized for our Kids' Menu, salads, appetizers, desserts, as well as our full-service bar.
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent food, good portions, would eat here again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic! I highly recommend the Natalie's Salad and the BBQ chicken. The Garlic rolls were excellent as well. A little pricy for lunch, but overall food and service were good.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank HappyGirl27924

Santa Ynez, California
“Great BBQ, sandwiches and oh that coleslaw!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Love this place! They have amazing bbq, and the most delicious sides. I am addicted to the peanut coleslaw, seriously you must try it. Start your meal with the garlic butter rolls and dive into the menu. I have a particular fondness for the chicken but if you are not in the mood for bbq, then try a sandwich. Wood Ranch has the best french dip sandwich I have ever had. There is a full bar that you can get the entire menu served in as well as a large dining area. My only complaint is that they allow children in the bar area.

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent Barbecue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I have enjoyed dining at other Wood Ranch locations with much success over the years and recently enjoyed my first evening at their Ventura location. This is the nicest Wood Ranch I've been to and the food was as good as each of my other trips to Wood Ranch.

Visited August 2013
San Luis Obispo, California
“Overrated, but Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

OK, got it off my bucket list. I came, I smelled, I ate, now I rate.
After traveling past the Wood Ranch in Camarillo for years and seeing meat-smoke billow out of the rooftop exhaust, I always wanted to stop. I happened to be in Ventura at the mall and decided to get a bite to eat. Wood Ranch is located nearby, right next door to a Mimi's. Since I'd been to a Mimi's before, we decided to try this place.

The garlic rolls appetizer, is as noted in other reviews: GREAT! My date ordered the roast chicken, and I had a rack of baby back ribs. The BBQ sauce was OK, a nice flavor, a little sweet and tangy. The ribs themselves were slow roasted, but not smoked (didn't taste wood-roasted either). The service was good, the staff friendly and attentive.

Mac n Cheese side as really good, Velveeta based, which I like. But it was not baked, but still good.

All in all, I'd pass up a second opportunity to eat here, but I may just to give it a second chance. We'll see.

Visited August 2013
London
“Family Favourite. Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went on 2 consecutive nights. The First night, the food was so good that we decided to go back again. Others have complained about the waiting time for tables but we did not experience that. The first night we waited for roughly 10 minutes at the bar and the 2nd night we were shown straight to our table (Party of 6). Lively atmosphere and fast service. Air-con was a bit too cold for our liking. I had a 22oz Ribeye the first night and it was cooked to perfection. Everyone really enjoyed their meal. 2nd night I had a Full Rack of ribs and they were mouth-wateringly good.
All in all 2 really enjoyable nights.

• Visited June 2013