WINNER WONDERLAND

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
Ranked #21 of 415 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: VENTURA RESTAURANT: DINING, CATERING, TAKE-OUT AND GIFT CARDS Choose Wood Ranch for Superb Dining at Moderate Prices. Among Ventura restaurants, Wood Ranch stands out as a great American restaurant, serving savory steaks , our nationally renowned Tri-Tip, as well as our highly praised chicken and fresh fish. We are also nationally recognized for our Kids' Menu, salads, appetizers, desserts, as well as our full-service bar.
Santa Barbara
“Got to try the Mac N' Cheese!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants to go to in Ventura. It's clean, welcoming and has good food! The mac n' cheese has got to be the best mac n' cheese I have ever had. It's cheesy goodness in a piping hot bowl. The complimentary bread they bring out before your meal is quite good as well. It's always warm, never stale and is great dipped in the house BBQ sauce. The only downside is the wait times on the weekend around dinner time. I guess it just is a great reminder of the saying, "Good things come to those who wait."

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Ventura, California
“Taste is what it's all about at Wood Ranch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

You can smell wood ranch from a mile off, and that's a good thing. Their rolls and mac and cheese are write-home-about-worthy, and the bbq (ribs, pulled pork, try-tip) are all stellar. Best $19 sirloin steak in town for sure. They always get the cooking temperature right, and the service is always friendly and fast. They are sometimes VERY busy, and don't take reservations. Show up, get your name on the list, and have a drink at the bar or hang out under the heat lamps by the entry way. For a full scale high end bbq chain, these guys nail it.

Visited January 2013
“Delicious Mac n cheese, tri tip and sweet smashed potatoes.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I always order exactly what I said in the title. Mac n cheese so creamy and rich you can't help but make those mmmmm noises. This place is always busy on the weekends, expect a long wait, or take-out!

“Great family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Wood Ranch has a great family friendly environment. Delicious food and huge portions. We like to go with the grandparents and kids for a fun night out.

Visited December 2012
Ventura, California
“Great Manager at Wood Ranch Ventura”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just returned from dinner at Wood Ranch in Ventura, CA. Prior to this visit I had an issue with a gift card/promotional card that was not accepted by any of the staff, including a prior manager. I was not a happy customer and I wrote a rather negative review of my experience. I am happy to report that the restaurant manager, Brian Watson, was able to resolve the issue. I told Brian that I had purchsed a gift card for a colleague for $50 and by doing so I earned a $10 promotional card. When I tried to use the card at a dinner on another night, my waitperson informed me the car could not be used on a Friday or Saturday night even though nowhere on the card any limits on the card usage were printed. Tonight Brian gave me credit for the card and now I'm a happy customer. Brian understands the concept of keeping the customer happy and by accepting my promotional card that other Wood Ranch employees failed to do, has made me want to eat at the restaurant once again. Thanks Brian for being a real professional. ( I found out during our conversation that Brian is a graduate of Pepperdine University with a marketing and advertising degree. The Wood Ranch people were smart enouth to hire him. People like Brian in management make Wood Ranch the quality restaurant that owners of other restaurants try to emulate. ) Jim Steele, Ventura CA

• Visited January 2013