“Not the quite the same as the one up north......”
Review of Freebirds world burrito - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Freebirds world burrito
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Seems to me that there was alot of hype about the opening of Freebirds because of the one up north that had been around for many years and if it would stand up to that one or even the same. The official answer we got from someone behind the counter was "that it was, but was not the same, different ownership". We went the second Saturday that it was opened and it seemed that they were still trying to get their sea legs behind the counter. There was a line but not to bad. The person helping us really didnt explain all that well all of the offerings as if all of Ventura's residents should know what they offer after being open just a week and a half. At one point the line of people had stopped and she had moved down the line asking us what else we wanted in our burrito. We couldnt even real tell what was available at that point. So we make it through and I really felt like afterwards that I had missed some choices being first time in and not really getting a good breakdown of choices. So we sat down I had the Carnitas burrito and it wasnt too bad. My girlfriend ordered the Carne burrito and hers was literally cold at first bite (not good). She took it back up to get heated up and the funny part is when she got it back about four minutes later (they didnt even offer bringing it out to us for the inconvience) the burrito at this point was actually drier but not a much hotter at all (cant figure out how they managed that). Alot of fun and happiness going on but not a true concern for a cold burrito by the staff. All in all both burritos were tasty but not how I remembered the old Freebirds up north. So I say to you check it out but if you like your food hot you may want to only get the hot ingredients added to your burrito or take a pass. We will give it a try down the road once the big buzz dies down and the staff has it down to a science.

Date of visit: June 2011