“Such a lovely afternoon!”
Review of Ventura Food Tours

Ventura Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 15 Food & Drink in Ventura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ventura Food Tours are guided walking tours, lasting between three and four hours, in downtown Ventura, downtown Ojai, and downtown Santa Barbara. Each tour stops at 6 different locations, where guests will enjoy tastings of some of the areas best food finds. As we walk the tour route, you'll meet chefs, entrepreneurs, and learn about the history of the area. Our tasting tours are intimate and informal, giving you a behind the scenes look into some of our gourmet food producers and culinary purveyors. Clam chowder, Polynesian food, handmade truffles, California olive oil, wine, cheese, and gelato are amongst the tasting options on the Downtown Ventura Tasting Tour.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband and I went on the Ojai Food Tour and our expectations were exceeded! Our host, Allison, was so nice and enjoyable to be with. She led us to various locations where we had the opportunity to meet chefs, restaurant owners and employees who gave us back stories and history of the people, food and beverages that we encountered. It was such a delight and the food was delicious. I tried many things I would not normally eat and was so happy I did so. A perfect date, tour for out-of-town guests or girls day out. I'm ready to try the Ventura Tour now!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"beacon"
"coast"

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We had a great tour with Allison. We enjoyed each of the stops and we certainly full by the end of the tour. We went back to two of the stops to buy some items we enjoyed on the tour.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I had such a blast with amazing food and company! I have a food clergy that I didn't think about until a couple days before and it was still a perfect experience. Learned a lot about my home town as well, which was a plus.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I found the tour to be particularly special as the guide (Allison) was very warm, informative, and thoughtful. The variety of restaurants/stores that we visited was delightful and everyone at each place was so friendly and informative.

We will recommend the tour to our friends and will come back for another tour too!