“Go on a Ventura Food Tour! It was amazing!!!”
Review of Ventura Food Tours

Ventura Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 17 Food & Drink in Ventura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ventura Food Tours are guided walking tours, lasting between three and four hours, in downtown Ventura, downtown Ojai, and downtown Santa Barbara. Each tour stops at 6 different locations, where guests will enjoy tastings of some of the areas best food finds. As we walk the tour route, you'll meet chefs, entrepreneurs, and learn about the history of the area. Our tasting tours are intimate and informal, giving you a behind the scenes look into some of our gourmet food producers and culinary purveyors. Clam chowder, Polynesian food, handmade truffles, California olive oil, wine, cheese, and gelato are amongst the tasting options on the Downtown Ventura Tasting Tour.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had so much fun! We had no idea we were going to eat so well and so much! The tour gave us a great "taste" of what different restaurants in Ventura are like. And totally made me want to go back and get more. I highly recommend these tours to both locals and tourists in Ventura!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"beacon"
"coast"

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Great selection of local restaurants and interesting historical facts about the area. I highly recommend this.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

If you want to get to know Ventura this tour is for you. It’s a true bargain when you consider you’ll leave as full as you want to be. Definitely eat a light breakfast and don’t count on eating a big dinner. I’ve lived in Ventura a third of my life but Allison took me to places I didn’t know existed plus the historical information is an added bonus. No more showing visitors Ventura myself I’m send them on a Ventura Food Tour.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Allison is a wonderful guide. She finds all the gems in downtown Ventura, from a little beach shack with fish tacos, to a sophisticated artisan chocolatier. Each of the half-dozen or so stops had samples of their best offerings, but the sizes sure weren't skimpy. She says by the end of the tour you get the equivalent of a full meal, but I think we got much more! Thankfully, the nice mile or so walk eases the guilt of consuming so much wonderful food. I appreciated the stops where we were able to meet and talk with the shop owners and chefs and hear their stories. I also appreciated that many of them provided coupons to return. Allison is very courteous and professional. As an added bonus, she weaves in lots of relevant historical information about the town's cultural beginnings and architecture. Though Ventura is a typical laid-back So Cal beach town, the food scene is ecclectic, vibrant and has something for everyone. During this three-and-a-half-hour tour, you find out exactly what Ventura has to offer foodies and history buffs, in typical comfortable Ventura style (read: this may be for foodies, but there is nothing snooty about it). Locals and tourists alike will love it. What a great opportunity, too, to make new friends.