Open today: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Former church

I just love recycling, so I was pleased when this failed church was transformed into a theatre. The... read more

Reviewed September 30, 2018
califcasl
via mobile
A First Class Playhouse!!

My wife and I went to see the Musical and Dance Play, “Grease.” There was some fine solo singers... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2018
James C G
via mobile

All reviews former church off broadway christmas carol talented actors local talent performance stage acting performed cast playhouse
Reviewed October 18, 2014

I have been a seasonal subscriber for about seven years and have been impressed by the performances this small theater is able to put on every season. good quality theater

1  Thank Joyce J
Reviewed September 27, 2014

Got to see Conviction and it was pretty interested to say the least. While I'm not a buff of the theatre scene yet, places like this bring me back to the days of high school when we were able to view performances from the drama students.

1  Thank d l
Reviewed September 13, 2014

A small theater and not a bad seat in the house.
Came here last minute while attending the annual surf contest...
Now each time I come to surf c-street, I'll probably stay and attend a show at The Rubicon.

I have been to lots of theater (everything from neighborhood to broadway and the west-end.
This theater is special and the performance (conviction) was excellent.
If you come to Ventura or if you live in Ventura, this theater will become habit forming after the first experience.

The Rubicon is a terrific reason to visit Ventura.
Can't wait to return and see another show!

2  Thank Summerasalifestyle
Reviewed September 12, 2014

When we moved from L.A. to Ventura County in 2001, I truly missed the variety of good plays that you could find in LA. When I discovered the Rubicon Theatre in Ventura, I was so happy. Here was a small theater with the talent and overall quality that I found in the best small theaters of L. A. Moreover, they regularly include new plays--several that have gone on to New York. The Rubicon has won many awards for its productions, competing against large and small theaters in Southern California. I have now been a season subscriber for over 10 years. It is a bargain compared to what I used to pay in L.A. for a comparable production. With only a few exceptions, the Rubicon has delivered top-notch professional performances that are entertaining and often thought-provoking. Being in an old converted church only adds to the charm.

2  Thank travelbuggie47
Reviewed September 11, 2014

It is a pleasure to be able to go to a well performed play locally. This theater is a gem. Every seat is great since it is so small. The sets are creatively done and the quality of the acting is amazing.
This is not amateur hour.

1  Thank KarenLeeREqueen