“Wow, finally found a Ventura restaurant I love!”
Review of Mary's Secret Garden - CLOSED

Mary's Secret Garden
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Mission is to offer you a naturally delicious dining experience. Our food is prepared with a conscious effort not only to nurture your mind, body and spirit, but also the well being of our planet. We have crafted a menu using organic and natural ingredients to their utmost availability. So allow yourself to indulge in the international treasures that nature has to offer your palate. - bon appetite!
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I like vegetarian food but am a bit wary of vegan as it seems so restrictive. And all too often, vegan food seems unhealthy to me as highly processed foods are often used in place of animal products. Well, at Mary's Secret Garden, vegan = healthful bliss.

The berry smoothie was delicious and I loved that coconut milk was the base and not soy milk. Then I enjoyed the finest broccoli tofu pad thai -- it was out of this world. Tons of fresh veggies that lightly steamed in the noodles and spicy sauce. Yum. And did I mention the noodles are gluten-free???

Mary is a magician and I believe this will be my second home on every visit to Ventura.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Mary's Secret Garden was a wonderful treat. Their Secret Burger "Mary's Style" was probably the best veggie burger I've ever eaten at a restaurant. I was floored by how tasty and hearty it was, piled high with avocado, veggie "bacon" and all the other fixings. Their desserts are incredible too. I opted for a whoopie pie on my visit and it was out of this world good. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but its completely worth it. The food was great, the servers were attentive, and the restaurant has a wonderful, homey feeling. You might want to make reservations if you're going at a peak eating time; the place was packed when I was there.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This tiny little restaurant offers great tasting organic vegan and gluten free selections. It was busy so we ordered take out and ate in the park. The food was very good but a little expensive. I would eat here again. Reservations recommended.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fantastic food, had trouble choosing as everything sounded delicious. I opted for the Thai curry which was excellent, and the people on the table next to me said they had the veggie burger and chycken salad - and said both were fabulous. Food was excellent, service very good, atmosphere also very good. I had a main course, a milk shake (delicious), dessert (yummy) and 'coffee' (interesting!) and the bill (including the tip) for one person was $50... so I'd say it was a little pricey. Despite that - I would go back.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have eaten here several times now. Mary's serves excellent food. The feeling is a little weird and cult-ish, but most everyone is nice. The veggie burger is excellent, as is the curry stew. Prices for entrees are fair for quality vegan food, but the prices for desserts are extraordinarily high for mediocre quality. We found their $8 cupcakes to be tasteless and sad.

We'll be back for sure.