“Yum!”

Ferraro's Italian Resturant
Ranked #62 of 434 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This is a true mom and po's place. Youll often see Betty the owner sittting at the counter and amking sure her customers are taken caree of. I've had the pleasure of growing up with Ferraro's and now continue the tradition with my husband. It's a simple Italian restrauant. The menu is simple and they have a few specials each night. My favorite dish is the chicken breast Romano (1/2) order with rigatoni on the side. It's delicious, but not for those watching their waistlines. Even with the 1/2 order you'll have lunch for the next day. As another reviewer stated they have simple wines, even though the house Chianti isn't bad, but if wine is your thing you can bring your own bottle for a minimal corkage fee. One more thing, Ferraro's doesn't take reservations, so don't show up so hungry that you can't wait or get there very early.

There are newer reviews for Ferraro's Italian Resturant

Reviewed December 30, 2010

I love to eat and I love Italian food. I eat out alot and Ferraro's has the best Italian food in town. Their Blue Cheese dressing is the best I have ever tasted. The garlic bread is delicious and the lasagna with marinara is stupendous. One evening I heard a familiar voice in the booth next to me and it was June Allison. She lived in Ojai and drove over to Ferraro's for the great food. This is my favorite Italian resturant anywhere, and I have been to Italy!

2  Thank Coast101
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We love Ferraro's. We have a time share in Ventura and we make it a point to eat twice at Ferraro's every time we are in town - once for pizza and once for pasta. the red sauce is really great. We usually get something plain like the mostaccioli but last time we there we tried the Sam's special mostaccioli with some friends and they still talk about how much they liked that dish. This is a basic whole in the wall, red sauce place. The neighborhood is crummy, and it can be very crowded on weekends, but we think it is worth it.

1  Thank So_Cal_Illini_81
Reviewed October 3, 2010

After spending our last day of vacation on the beach in Ventura, which was cold and windy, we were wanting a hot meal. I suggested Italian....used the GPS on my cell phone and the first place to come up was Ferraro's. This was an unexpected surprise. The atmosphere of the place is charming. Got seated in a corner table by the window. Menu is on a place mate at the tables (which I took mine home). There was so much to choose from. I ended up with the spaghetti and meatballs. Wonderful sauce, great meatballs. My husband had the Sam's Special which is fried mostaccioli with meat sauce in olive oil. This I would highly recommend. Thankfully their portions are HUGE cause I kept eating off my husbands plate. The dinners are served with soup or salad. We chose the soup and it was a wonderful minestrone. Also had unlimited garlic bread. Overall I have to say that Ferraro's is a wonderfuly place to get good Italian food and a great price. This is my new fave place to eat when we are in Ventura.

2  Thank CRVJMV4EVR