“Be one with the Ocean!”

Glendale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Be one with the Ocean!”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I just did a coastal tour with these guys today. If you only have a half-day, this is a great thing to do in Ventura. We started at 8:30 and finished around 1 pm. The owner, Matt, took us out along with Clay. Both guides were excellent. They have that perfect balance between knowing how to keep it fun but also instilling a sense of security. They have a sense of humor but are always safety-aware.

They start with a great lesson on the sand so that any first-timer can enjoy their trip. If you love the water and have always wondered about kayaking, don't hesitate to book with this company. They are well-organized, will help by carrying your kayak to the water, get you out of the water, and do it all in good spirits.

One tip about booking - be persistent calling to get on the schedule. If you are not getting a confirmation via email, call Matt and speak with him directly. Have fun!

8 Thank LowlyScribe

Chicago, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blue Sky Kayak - Breathtaking Tours & A Stellar Team!”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Santa Cruz Island is breathtaking - especially Prisoners Harbor and Pelican Bay. I love kayaking and can't wait to go out with Blue Sky Kayak. I've heard amazing things about this group from friends who have been. I have been on trips with Matt May before, who heads this team. He's an awesome guide who really gives you the personal attention you need; and has put together a top notch team!

1 Thank rebg
SoCal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“As good as it gets!”
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Have been kayaking at Santa Cruz Island with Blue Sky and also took their Wilderness First Responder course. I love these guys.
My experience exceeded my expectations which is pretty impressive since I've been to the island several times. The gear is pristine and their crew is professional, competent and genuinely fun. They lead tours out of a less busy part of the island with an easy launching & landing at the sandy beach.
You'll have a great chance to see more of the island than most folks do, plus spot marine life and maybe even a bald eagle! There are two little eaglets hatched at Prisoners in the last few weeks!
During the Wilderness First Responder course I got to know Blue Sky's owner and have the utmost respect for him. You will be in good hands; these folks are knowledgeable and prepared!

3 Thank AdrenalineJunkeee
Oxnard, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sparkling Water!”
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I went kayaking from Prisoners' to just past Pelican Bay and got to do some snorkeling in Pelican Bay as a bonus! What a bonus! The water at Pelican was sparkling and the visiblitiy in the kelp forest was amazing. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Clayzer99
Santa Monica, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Blue Sky Bliss”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I am in awe of the experience i had with these guides.....I dare call them Blue Sky Babes. :-) They are extraordinarily knowledgeable and kind, and that made for a seamless trip. They are fun and really in tune with everybody's needs. I felt really cared for. I like that. These guides are like one with the land and sea.....like it's in their blood to do this work.

And where they took us to Santa Cruz Island, especially Prisoner's Harbor and Pelican Bay, we got to paddle and kayak with the wildlife. There's something really spectacular about kayaking. You are just so "in" the experience with the water and the wildlife. I'm truly hooked!!!!. And I loved being guided by people who really knew the waters and the kayak vessel itself. I felt really safe.....and totally inspired. :-)

I love Blue SKy Guides.....thanks for the really beautiful, relaxing, soul-stirring, and surprisingly inexpensive trip. I will look forward to more experiences with this company. FIrst rate!!!!!!

3 Thank gratefulgaile