“Disapointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spasso Cucina italiana

Spasso Cucina italiana
Ranked #20 of 423 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Zephyr Ct.
Description: Spasso Cucina Italiana is a delightful Italian/Roman cuisine located just steps from the Pacific Ocean. A great setting and great cuisine makes this a must visit for all destination diners. A great menu offers several of your favorites as well as some of ours. Outdoor seating is available and we welcome you to join us for your next dining encounter.
“Disapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were greated by the owner and seated. A bit later a very meek young lady came to the table acting scared to death asking for our drink order. Shortly after some bread and sundried tomatoe paste was brought to our table. The young lady brought our drinks and at that time took our order......that was the last time we saw her! I was trying to summon her for olive oil and balsamic for our bread..no response...the busser got it for me. I tried to summon her for a glass of wine...I just gave up! Our appetizer, meal, and check was delivered by a busser. We truly felt like second class citizens in this LOCALS ONLy type of place. My $$$ is green too! Very disappointed. Owner/manager apoligetic....but too little too late :(

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hoods2001
Francesco C, Owner at Spasso Cucina italiana, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Customer,
I believe you're the lady I apologized to and comped the Bruschetta in a hope to make up for your dissatisfaction with the service (at least to some degree). Since you are still clearly dissatisfied to the point of rating us one star, I am willing to offer you a $25 gift card for your next visit in the hope that you will have a better experience with us and it will improve your opinion of our establishment which we are very proud of.
Francesco

Leonardtown, Maryland
“Great Non-Chain Italian by the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Spasso is a cozy, small restaurant one block from the beach. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. We started with a fantastic tomato and fennel soup. I had a pizza. I was expecting a personal size pizza but it turned out to be at least twice the size. I had enough for dinner and leftovers for us both for lunch the next day. The crust tasted homemade. Very glad we happened upon this quaint restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Be sure to have dinner at Spasso's in Ventura Beach. We all had a great meal with excellent local wine!

Visited May 2013
La Habra, California
“Amazing customer service which deserves a ten...ambiance was lacking which is why the 4 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Restaurant appears to be family owned. Walking in there is not a host station, but the waitors were very attentive. The restaurant is small seating maybe 30 to 40. There was a little confusion getting us seated with a wait time longer than quoted, but on the positive they were kind enough to offer a free appetizer.

Brushetta and calamari appetizer were very good. The caprese salad was not my favorite due to the basil sauce (I don't like basil) but once I added oil and vinegar it was great.

Last minute we ended up taking our main courses to go since we had to walk back to our hotel with a tired 5 year old. They were worried we were not happy, but that was not the case at all. As we were walking back , the manager or owner runs after us was dessert on the house. I was totally impressed with the effort they put into their customers to make it the perfect experience.

If you want to go somewhere where your business matters, go to Spassos. Plus the food was good as well.

Walking distance from the Ventura Marriott and recommended by the hotel. As close as you can get to the beach, with limited views.

• Visited May 2013
Moreno Valley, California
“Great Italian Food, Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

While staying in Ventura, we stumbled upon this lovely restaurant because it was within walking distance of our hotel. The atmosphere felt very upscale, yet definitely not stuffy or snobby. It is a very welcoming place. The decor is very elegant. The service is great. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. There were 6 people in our dining party, each of us ordered something different, each of us really enjoyed our choices. I had ravioli. The portion was perfect and the ravioli was very tasty. My husband had Chicken Marsala which he loved. I was really impressed with what my mom ordered -- she had salmon. It was a huge portion and was delicious. Bread came with the dinner. They also have a nice wine seclection and yummy dessert menu. Sorry that I was too stuffed for dessert. I would recommend this restaurant for a nice meal.

• Visited April 2013