Rex Motel
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Ventura)
View Hotel
All reviewsmotor lodgelong termcomfortable bedplace to stayshowerdowntowncloset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2012

It was quiet and it is close to the ocean front (by car) and many restaurants, stores, etc.
When I called about booking the reservation the woman was very abrupt w/me on the phone but when I stayed the woman who worked there was extremely pleasant and helpful about directions, etc. It is definitely a $50/night motel, nothing spectacular. But if you are travelling on a budget it was fine, big room and nice TV.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cami c
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have had a great experience with Rex Motel, they rooms are very clean, the parking lot is great you have your own covered parking and a parking space in front of your motel room, some of the rooms have flat screen TV's. The people there are very friendly, and happy to accomodate your stay there, your are very close to everything, and your about 2 miles down from dowtown Ventura. I have been in alot of high end Hotels and I have had some of the worst stays at these places, staff with bad attitudes, room not clean, however this place VERY Nice! _Joe M.

Room Tip: Can call in advance if want the rooms with the flat screen TV's.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Joe M
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great location.... close to the beach and alot of good dining. This was our second time staying at this hotel and it was once again a great experience. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. We will be staying again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank asnagy
Reviewed November 4, 2012

good value for money. Nice big private room. very clean. Very friendly and helpfull staff.
Right in the middle of ventura and if you have a car everything is just a minute away.
Very quiet environment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jeffrey D
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed at this simple spot before when we just need a spot to sleep over night. The hotel is spartan at best, but will do in a pinch and is cheap. This time the hotel was the same. BUT, I left a bottle of wine, a bag with 4 huge home grown cucumbers and a whole flat of home grown tomatoes in the mini fridge when we left. I called from about 1 hr. away to ask if they had found it. As these items were to be a gift, I was willing to drive back to retrieve them. The desk person went to go check,but when I called back, she said all she found was the wine. The flat of tomatoes was on top of the wine, so they would have had to be moved to find the wine. The person repeatedly said there was nothing else in the refrigerator. I think they had tomato curry for lunch with a cucumber salad. We wont be staying there again no matter what the other hotels cost.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business