“Two night stay”

Ranked #5 of 9 Ventura B&B and Inns
Brittnau
“Two night stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room was smelly, very old furniture with worn out beds. Directly next to the main street- so really loud at night. No coffee for the coffee machine. The tennant was friendly. We wouldn't stay there another time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fresno, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am not sure how anyone could rate this anything above terrible. The bars on the windows should have been our first clue.

We were a larger group that took up several rooms and they were all the same! There were brown stains in the bottom of the shower; the tiles loose and falling off the wall. Each room had a mildew order. The comforter smelled as thought it had not been washed in a long time. One of the rooms had a large hole in the ceiling above the shower. The air conditioner had the worst smell. I believe it had not been cleaned in quite some time.

Room service did come to the door on the second day to clean the room. They knocked on the door and asked the occupants to gather the trash and dirty towels for them. Apparently they are not paid enough to gather the trash and towels for themselves, let alone run the vacuum cleaner or anything else.

The only thing I ask for when I travel is a safe, clean room and descent surroundings at a fair price. I could not fathom paying to sleep in these conditions, but unfortunately, we had several rooms and nowhere else to go!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked the hotel for my trip. At first year 2011 was ok. Eventhough the room is big but facilities was old and smell so bad. Following 2012, I booked and got confirmation but upon arrival, they tokd me no room available, put me in sister hotel name Crystal Palace. Yet they gave me discount but it was very annoyed. Crystal Palace is so dark and dirty Hotel. Will never come back to both of them. No pool, limited carpark

Room Tip: Room near entrance staircase is big and sunny.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed in Ventura before our flight to New Zealand from LAX, so needed somewhere to get a good nights sleep. We came across this place, and although quirky, it was a really cool place to stay. We were given a choice of rooms, and chose one with a spa / jacuzzi which was a nice touch! There was a large mural of a tropical scene with Parrots, i'm not sure why. We had 2 double beds, a full kitchen and a bathroom with bath. Although on a main road, noise was not an issue. I would stay again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave L
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Me and my girlfriend were visiting the west coast from San Francisco to LA.
We found this motel on Booking.com
Usually, we are quite "hard" with our comments but this time it is a10/10.
Location: Hotel is 2min by car from the main street were all goods restaurants & bars are. And only 5min from the seaside.
Welcome:The owner was very gentle and efficient.
Room: (we took 1 room Queen de Luxe with 2 Queens beds) Lot of space! a kitchen separated from the room, a bathroom and... Jacuzzi in the room! Very comfortable after a long road.
+ Fast Internet & Parking for FREE...
Conclusion: if you plan to visit the west coast and you are close to Santa Barabara, Malibu or LA, you can go there with eyes closed.

En Francais: Allez y les yeux fermés! Rien à reprocher.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a a jacuzzi but if you had a long road trip, ask for it because it is very re...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Arrived late into Ventura one evening and stayed one night. The room was large and clean and had a large t.v and jacuzzi which my wife thought was great.
The room had its own separate kitchen area where you could prepare food although there was very little in the way of cutlery.
Bed was comfortable but room was a little noisy, people could be heard moving around upstairs.
The owner was pleasant and we thought the room was good value.
Worth checking out if you are on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DenisMc66
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

My son & girlfriend stayed Frid. night and found pizza sauce all over the sheets and vibrator on bed. They picked it up to see what it was and it fell to the floor. the Manager came in and changed the sheets! THe entire area was sold out so they couldn't move. I called the manager who lied and said he didn't get my call, and proceeded to tell me that they changed the sheets so he is still charging my credit card. WIll be calling BBB, AAA and Chamber next, this establishment should be closed down.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family