“Good location, decent price”

Ventura Beach Marriott
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed October 19, 2010

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Too bad the internet wasn't free.

Good location, only a minute off of the highway (101).

There's In-N-Out across the street!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ventura Beach Marriott

Reviewed October 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night (Saturday) while visiting our daughter in Ventura. We have stayed at three other different hotels on previous trips and this had the largest room and the most comfortable bed. Of course we did book the most inexpensive room $161 per night AAA. But with all the other taxes and fees this is not an inexpensive hotel. We were disappointed that room service ends at 11 pm and we had to pay for parking ($15 per night). But the room was quiet except if you walked past the dresser which would vibrate. We also could hear the vibration from the room next door. But because we were not in the room that much this did not present a problem. All the other hotels we stayed in offered breakfast with the room rate but Marriot charges extra. I plan to try all the hotels in the area and will keep you posted. I would recommend this hotel if money is not an issue.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dancetictoc
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I loved this hotel, great location, close to everything, much better then the Crowne Plaza Hotel near by. Nice and friendly staff. Fast room service at good cost value. Nice pool, and restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I reserved a block of rooms for my wedding, as the venue is close to the hotel. At first, they were very nice. They offered me a rate of $109 per night, which was generous, and a good value.

However, fast forward to two weeks later, and still none of my guests could make reservations over the web or over the phone. They couldn't get their act together due to a variety of excuses, and when they finally did, they said that the room rate would be $139 per night!

The way I have been treated is absolutely disgraceful, particularly because I was trying to bring so much business to their hotel! I will never stay in a Marriott again.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Clipside
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel was very nice and clean. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and professional. I only had two problems with the staff. The first incident was at the bar. The bartender did not greet us and it took more than 10 minutes for him to even notice us and that's that the bar wasn't even full. We wound up walking away. Bad service. The second incident is when I called for extra towels and that took about 20 minutes. I had to call back and they were sent right away.

The room was beautiful. Very clean and nice. Bright and airy. We had a waterfall right next to our room. Very serene. The location is great. Close to many things and walking distance to the beach. You can rent bikes for a great price and ride next to the ocean. Beautiful! Overall great experience. I would definitely stay here again! One more thing that I did not like was the fact that there is a $10 parking fee per night. I think that should be included with the price of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Spent 2 night here while in Santa Barbara for a wedding- chose this place because it was the closest and only Marriott-brand near by. Here's my bad list:
1. $10 per night parking fee
2. Front desk "forgot" to give me my "free point stay" on my bill so had to return to front desk after getting the bill slipped under the door the last night
3. bedroom floor vibrated constantly as people walked by in the hall- at first , I couldn't figure out why I was moving- even in bed
4. nice outdoor pool didn't have enough towels out for the rush- finally the pool boy brought a ton out (he was great and hustling with a ton of people wanting food drink)
5. the room darkening curtain had holes all in it leeting the sun come in through the holes- there was even duck tape-like tape covering up other holes...
6. room/ bed were CLEAN so that made me happy!!!
7. bath room tub was pretty gross- a bit moldy and caulk was old and cracked; hair dryer was motel 6 like- stuck on the wall with a button you push
8. Had to pay for in-room internet and the "business center" was hotter than hell but had a printer and 3 computers
This hotel should NOT have the Marriott name until the owners put in a ton of money to totally renovate the place. It was $149 for Friday and would have been $199 for Sat night ( I had a comped room for points from prior stays)
Great location - 3 blocks from the beach and the best part- IN AND OUT BURGER right across the street! On site restaurant was great for drinks/ snacks- very stylish!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We checked in here after a terrible experience at the Pierpont Inn (dirty and noisy). We received a wonderful welcome and had a lovely time. Our room was clean and bright. The staff quickly attended to our basic needs (a rollaway for our daughter). The pool was clean and warm. The families at the pool were kind and polite. We ordered some snacks by the pool (very yummy). The hotel was just what we needed to refresh ourselves before returning to LA and the summer heat.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family