“Quality Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Manchester, Connecticut
“Quality Hotel”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business in April 2013. I was here only a short period of time, but I had a very nice stay from start to finish. I arrived from the US East Coast into LAX Airport late at night and then had an hour plus drive through traffic. I arrived at the hotel just after midnight, and the hotel was an oasis to a weary traveler. My check-in was prompt, and I was given a room on the executive floor with access to the concierge lounge. The hotel is beautiful, and its facilities are well maintained. I used the exercise room in the morning, and it is better than the average hotel exercise room. It had cardio equipment, weight machines, and a few free weights. I took my breakfast in lounge was very good.

My one minor complaint was about a late arrival of a room service item. When I checked in, the front desk staff offered me a free gift of bottled water and mixed nuts due to my status as a Marriott Rewards member. Due to the lateness of the hour, these items could not be delivered in the evening. The staff member asked what time in the morning I would like to receive the items. I said that I would like them delivered to my room before 9 AM because that was my planned departure time. At 9:30 before leaving, I inquired about the water and mixed nuts. They were delivered a few minutes later along with an apology. It was a minor issue and one that does not detract from my overall impression of the hotel. If I were to come to this area on business again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg A
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Greg A,

Thank you so much for your visit to our "oasis for weary travelers!" We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the time you took to post this review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I attended a 3 day conference at the Ventura Marriott. The staff was very attentive and the facilities for a business meeting were exceptional for the area. The food was very good during the visit. The hotel charges $10-$15 each day for parking which I thought was a little strange. The Marriott also charges $10 per day which I thought was a little silly considering the high quality of the hotel. Overall, a great experience at a nice hotel with above average amenities.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear ScottyFantastic,

We are glad that you enjoyed your business trip to Ventura. All full-service Marriott Hotels do indeed charge $9.95 per day for in-room Internet access, but it is always free of charge to use in our public areas so there is always a place to connect and relax or catch up on work.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What can I say about this hotel? Plenty!

My husband and I stayed here for Easter week-end. We booked a king-room and when we arrived the front desk reminded us we were Marriott Rewards members. We were offered an upgrade to the concierge level which we immediately accepted. Due to the fact it was the week-end the concierge bar was not open. The Manager offered us free breakfast instead! What a great perk.

This hotel is not on the beach, but just a two minute walk. It is a beautiful and relaxing section of Ventura within close proximity to downtown, the pier and much more. There are plenty of restaurants either within walking distance or just a short drive away.

The pool and hot tub are very very nice and more importantly, clean. Lots of towels and chairs so you aren't on top of each other. There is also a fire pit, not in the pool area, but right outside the gate where you order your breakfast or have a nice mimosa (which we did).

The staff is super friendly and helpful. Maybe it's from all the sun and beach air. I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. Our stay was great.

We have family that lives in the area and it is much nicer to stay at the Marriott, than cramped in their house on the couch. We have already booked our next stay for Memorial Day week-end. Can't wait!! Maybe we will take a trip to Central Coast Wine Country.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view. It's just a sliver, but some rooms have a balcony. Those room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Bunnie T,

The best thing that you could have posted about our hotel is that you are coming back! We know that everyone has a really busy schedule and we so appreciate the time you took to tell others about your experience here with us in Ventura. It was our pleasure to recognize you as a Marriott Rewards member and we are glad that we were able to reward you for your patronage of Marriott Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back on Memorial Day!
Eastpoint, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel after traveling up and down the coast of California. Turns out, this was the friendliest and most helpful hotel we stayed in. The staff must have had serious customer service training because they were over-the-top friendly. We also ate in the hotel's restaurant one night and the food was excellent and the waitress was helpful, friendly, but not intrusive. The rooms are nice and most importantly, the bed was comfortable, but the staff was the most outstanding aspect of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dockdog,

We love that you appreciate the friendliness of our staff. They enjoy working here and welcoming guests like you and that shows in the way that they treat you — much like long lost family! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier that you took the time to post a review for us. It means a lot. We hope you will come back next time on vacation!
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Big, clean room with comfy bed and great pillows! I can almost rate a hotel by their pillows since a bad pillow means a bad nights sleep for me. The pillows here are a nice balance of soft and firm. Our room was clean, spacious and on the ground floor with easy access to the pool (which was used heavily by our children). The pool was a great size to play in, clean and a good, warm temperature. Workout room is on the larger size and has free headphones (nice touch!). We heard very little hallway or outside noise. It is an easy walk to the beach. We ate breakfast at the hotel which had a nice selection and included fresh berries -a little pricey though. I agree with the other comments about paying for parking in a lot that was mostly empty. We paid the AAA rate and got a nice price for our one night stay. Staff is super friendly.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Travelboots777,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed Marriott's signature bedding during your stay! We know a great bed — and comfy pillows — are really important so we appreciate that you provided feedback on them so we know we are on the right track. Our property — and the city of Ventura — is really a perfect destination for families and it was good to hear that yours enjoyed it so much. Thanks also for noting the friendliness of our associates as everyone here works hard to make it a warm and welcoming experience for each and every guest. We hope to welcome you back to our resort one day.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed one night here while visiting Ventura and glad we did. We were immediately greeted by hotel staff when we pulled in and helped us with any luggage and questions we may have. The hotel is gorgeous and our room was spacious and comfortable. We did head to their bar/lounge area later that evening and it was a bit hard to find someone to fill our drink orders. It was busy, perhaps another employee in the area would help fix that. We had a great stay and look forward to coming back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Julie R,

We appreciate your taking the time to post your feedback about our hotel and are so glad that you appreciated our hospitality. Thank you for mentioning your experience in our lounge and I will be sure to mention it to the food and beverage director.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. The Club Lounge was great nice selection both in the morning and the evening. The staff here was very friendly. Every time I passed hotel staff i was greeted. Hotel was clean, pool was heated to a nice temperature which made it useable even in March. Although it did not effect me I would say be-careful if you want everything within walking distance. The hotel is not "on the beach" but a couple blocks away, the pier is one mile away and the Ventura Harbor is 3 miles away. This worked out ok for me but some of the pictures on the Hotel website gives the impression dinning and shopping are just outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Beware this property is not right on the beach and is a one mile walk to the pier.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lvmeme
Pat_GM_VBM, General Manager at Ventura Beach Marriott, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Lvmeme,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Our staff members will appreciate your comments because they always strive to remember guests and give them a warm and welcoming experience while you are here in Ventura with us. We also do note right on our website that "The Ventura Beach Marriott is 200 steps to spacious beaches and within walking distance to the historic pier" so we are very upfront about our exact location. We are glad you had a great getaway and hope we will see you again soon.