“Great Service”

Ventura Beach Marriott
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed November 6, 2012

BEfore our stay, I received an e-mail asking if we had any special requests. I mentioned that we were kayaking early the next morning and had to store sandwiches overnight. The hotel recommended places to buy sandwiches AND had a frig placed in our room. They also put the extra towels we requested in the room. I was impressed. The room was large and the beds comfortable. Very nice and would recommend. Although the hotel is NOT on the ocean, it is an easy 4 block walk.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ventura Beach Marriott

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Let's start by saying this is a Marriott, so it is basic, well kept, and functional, and not a boutique, high-end hotel experience. That said, the staff here are incredibly friendly and helpful, earning it an above-average rating. The rooms are clean, the bed very comfortable, and the breakfast food is above average. We even found the art to be interesting and better than your average hotel art, with wall galleries of local photographers throughout the hotel. The beach is super-close, and again, the staff here are truly exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this very beautiful hotel this past weekend, and it was really beautiful with a couple of waterfalls in the courtyard, and the overall scenery was so wonderful and serene.

Every staff member that we encountered was more than polite and helpful and very friendly, we had breakfast in the restaurant and it was above and beyond what we expected. We had the breakfast buffet which couldn't have been better. Rooms are spacious and comfortable and lovely besides.

We will stay there again and check out the beach (close by) next time.

Room Tip: The room we had was perfect. It was our first time there so had nothing to compare it to, I am sure...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

From the moment you enter you know you are in a upper notch hotel. The lobby is well laid out and very ornate. Staff were very friendly and the service what you would expect from a marriott Beach was not right out the backdoor as I was led to believe but only a couple of blocks down. The courtyard was well laid out and also had a swimming pool in the yard. We ate breakfast at the hotel but ventured out for lunch and dinner. Joes Crab Shack is right down the road as well as Ericksons ( formerly Just Fish). A good experience

Room Tip: I like overlooking courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stay at a lot if Marriotts. This one is not their best.. We are staying on points, so I kind of consider our night free. I guess you get what you pay for. Let me start by saying the service is impeccable. From the valet to the front desk to the restaurant personnel...all was top notch. The lobby is gorgeous. They definitely spent a ton of money on that. Unfortunately, that is where it stopped. We could hear EVERY whisper from: the hall, the room next door, the parking lot below and thumping from upstairs. I expect this from Motel 6, but not from a Marriott. This, I thought was a non-smoking hotel. I guess that doesn't apply to our "adjoining" room. My eyes are burning. We definitely will not stay here again. I can't complain too much, it was kind of free.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was a clean, well cared for hotel. Only had to walk about 2 blocks to the magnificent beach. The fresh fruit water daily was a treat, the staff very friendly, we even got yummy fresh cookies on Thursday night.
Complaints: $13.00 daily charge to park, charge for wireless in rooms, coffee maker only made 1 cup at a time, no little breakfast offered without extra expense. Had to purchase coffee at the bar, which was tasty, but when I stay at a nice hotel I kind of expect free coffee. Small alcoholic beverage was quite spendy also.
The stated outside fireplace was not on, so there was no enjoying sitting outside in the evening, much too cold without heaters. The pictured outside area on the website was not available to us, it is for private gatherings.

We would stay here again, just with the knowledge of the extra fees.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor by the pool, had no problem with noise and was a great location. I woul...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were sad to leave. It's the first time in years that I actually stayed up until the last minute before check out. The courtyard is beautifully landscaped with a waterfall. The rooms were clean, nicely furnished, and comfortable. The walk to the beach is very short as the hotel is next to a state beach. The service was friendly and speedy. We even enjoyed the restaurant, which has a doggie menu for traveling furry family members. The next time we go to Ventura, we will stay here and for longer. It was like a little resort.

Room Tip: Anything facing the courtyard is a good choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple