“just another Marriot with a great location!”

Ventura Beach Marriott
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed September 3, 2012

very nice place, when speaking of Ventura that is. I would definitely recommend and probably stay again. As I prefer to stay with Marriot when traveling to unknown destinations it seems to be a sure bet you'll be in for a nice stay.

Room Tip: If traveling to the Marriot in Ventura stay in a King suite or better imho
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brianna B

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed at this property in August, 2012. It's less than 5 minute walk to the beach. Great rooms and well appointed concierge lounge. Located close to the freeway, plus In-N-Out Burger is right across the street. I will definitely stay at this property again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Richard R
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is an ok hotel to stay at as you are driving through and need a place to stop. The rates were pretty reasonable but there is nothing special about the hotel. You can walk to the beach and it is across from In and Out :) The rooms and bathrooms need updating but there were clean. I did ask for an upgrade and was told that they were so busy so that was disappointing but other than that everything was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moreno310
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel in its self is a nice property. There are a few things that stood out...

1. To get to the room, I had to trek across the courtyard to a seperate elevator.

2. The room appeared to be clean but after removing my shoes, there were crumbs on the floor from the last guest.... which in turn caused me to closely inspect the bed.

3. There were "hairs" all over the tub from the prior guest.

4. I was charged for self-parking but never parked a car. Front desk attendant thought he was being funny by saying "how dare they" when I brought this to their attention. He also had to ask for help when reversing the charge,

I was so exhausted from the drive from LA and prior meeting that I did have the energy to address this with anyone at the hotel. I would probably stay here again but would definitly bring any future concerns to someone's attention.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SFTravelerBusiness
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is located one block from access to the public beach, the name of the hotel is very misleading. Overall, I would recommend this hotel as a good base if you are planning day trips to Santa Barbara and or Ojai.
The court yard is a very peaceful place with the sound of a running fountain and gas fire pits. I enjoyed my morning coffee there to plan the day.
I was very disappointed the way I was treated by a front desk person on our last day.I did not have a car on this visit, another friend who was staying at the hotel had a car and was being charged the $13.00 a day parking. I pointed out the charge and asked for it to be removed from my bill. Jennifer went on to question me, "how are you getting around", "who has the car?",
"what is her room number?" I have NEVER been so humiliated in my entire life. If I wanted to rip off the hotel, I'm sure I could have come up with another way. She was so accusatory in her tone to the point I left in a huff. I had to leave before I said something I would regret. I did my best to deal with it with kindness. Very disappointing. I believe Jennifer needs a lesson in customer service.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CKH4221
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed one night for a group event at this well-located Marriott. The Lobby and ballrooms are very nice and our event was lovely. Staff at the front desk was welcoming, accommodating, and professional, and we were able to check in early. Our room overlooking the pool area was quiet and reasonably spacious, and although the bathroom had only one sink, there was plenty of counter space on which to deposit our toiletries, etc. Room had terrific lighting and a mirror over the desk (which I love for hair and make-up when hubby is hogging the bathroom). Bed was fabulous and shower was heavenly. Only drawback for us was lack of a room safe. Room was clean and everything was in good condition, but not luxurious or plush. I've stayed at new Courtyards that are more finely appointed. However, I couldn't walk to the beach from them!

Room Tip: Choose an inner room overlooking the Courtyard to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked the accessible suite in this hotel. We called the property to confirm a roll-in shower and we had it upon check-in. The roll-in shower does drain funny and if you are not careful, you'll flood the bathroom floor for awhile. The rooms were clean, roomy, and quiet. No view but a great courtyard pool for the kids to swim in. Plus, In and Out is right across the street. I would stay here again. It did take 45 minutes for the hotel to deliver extra linens.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family