“Great Steak”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Montrose, California
“Great Steak”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We split a ribeye steak, and it was delicious. I don't really understand the $4.50 split plate fee, but we didn't mind. I also had the creme brulee and a cappuccino, which they allowed me to take to my room. The prices are high, and I think part of that has to do with the lack of options in the area. You'd have to travel about 9 miles for another restaurant choice.

The best part of the restaurant is definitely the ambiance. You can eat outside during the day (it was too cold for me in the evening) and inside in the evening. Very romantic setting.

Visited March 2014

“That was luck:)!!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Amazing!!! We were a few days before in COI Restaurant in Vegas. 58 in the world (San pellegrino List).
But this was better an quarter the Price with an spectacular Location!!!
Go there!!!! You will love it!!!!

Ontario, California
“Close for renovations”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

So, how do I give this 5 stars.... have been eating there for over 20 years, and food is wonderful... just happen to be closed for renovations during our latest stay.

Visited February 2014
Beverly Hills, California
“Spectacular View and the food is pretty good, too.”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

When driving up or down 101 between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, you must stop at The Cliff Side for a meal, a drink, a cup of coffee.

It won't be easy getting there if you are northbound due to construction and you have to go way past it and come back around, but it is a mandatory stop, even tho the inn itself certainly looks like it has seen better days........plus parking is awful.......but the view!!!

You dine and/or drink on a bluff in the middle of a curve of the Pacific Ocean, surrounded below by magnificent crashing waves, surfers and the biggest seagulls known to mankind, who frequently decide to do a few laps in the adjacent pool. It is breathtaking........and we ever had lunch.

We enjoyed some excellent fish and chips, homemade pineapple cole slaw and a nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

It is well worth the hassle of finding the place, getting into it from the highway and searching for a parking space.

• Visited March 2014
Cardiff
“Fab Food, Service and Ocean Views”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

STOP here for lunch or dinner if you are driving on Hwy 101 North of Ventura.

I was there a decade ago with friends, and had forgotten how wonderful the food is.

This time, I stayed at the Inn and ate there for the free breakfast (adequate) and then dinner twice. On Friday night I had the steamed calms & mussels and the scallop & shrimp salad. The Chardonay seafood was done perfectly and I ate the whole basket of bread to soak up the rich broth! The salad was very large and I picked out the flavorful grilled seafood because it was just too much for me to eat. It was enough to split with another.....Billie Rae was the only waitress and while quite busy, she exuded absolute joy in her service and suggestions.

I returned on Sat night for dinner thinking that I'd learned how large the portions were. So I ordered the ahi seaweed appetizer and the smaller beet & blue cheese salad. Oh, my. The ahi was perfectly seared with four large slices and a great deal of delicious seaweed salad. By the time that my salad arrived, I was full (with only two slices of bead) and had to take it back to the room where it became a yummy smoothie in the NutriBullet the next morning! I must remember to take pix of the artful presentation of the food!!

Note on the hotel rooms. They have fabulous views and proximity to the shore and are clean but dated. It was gr8 to be there during the winter storm with windows open and pounding surf. Fridge was gr8 but no three prong plugs for your electronics. Will definitely will return with an adapter.

• Visited March 2014