“I loved the fact that you could sit outside looking out at the ocean and drink mimosas, that you brought yourself!!”

Shoals Restaurant at The Cliff House Inn
Ranked #19 of 441 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great restaurant and the rooms were spacious. I really liked the service, also. We were really close to the freeway so going to Santa Barbara was a breeze.

1  Thank Polly G

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food was pretty good but waitress was overworked since she had too many tables to serve and we had to wait much too long for her to attend to us. My wife & I also stayed in the hotel - a no-frills basic outdated, tired, worn-out facility that needs major immediate attention. Such a shame for such a great location!

1  Thank Charlie7770
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place is perfect weather you are staying there or drive in and it's well worth it. The Italian food is as good as it gets and sea food as well. I would drive 20 miles easy to eat here but lucky for me I was staying at the hotel.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you're in the central coast you must check out Shoals Restaurant located in the Cliff House Inn.
This place is the hidden gem of Carpinteria (located between Ventura and Santa Barbara). Shoals Restaurant offers a great romantic atmosphere (over looking the ocean) with a reasonable price. My favorite plate there was the scallop appetizer (to die for). And don't forget to save some space for their homemade desserts (everything is way too good there). This place is a must!

1  Thank n r
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The stuffed chicken breast was fantastic. The bean soup was also delicious. And our waitress was very nice.

2  Thank caligirl91355