“Definitely a great experience”
Review of Watermark - CLOSED

Watermark
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chestnut
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I visited some friends in Ventura on a Wednesday night and we decided to check out downtown Ventura for dinner. They have lived there for 2 years and have never been into Watermark. Good thing I can along. We had a great time. The food was great. I had the pork chop and they had the duck and the salmon. It was unfortunate they were out of the scallops. The atmosphere was great. The wine list had many local wines but also wines from all over plus they have select wines that were half priced which is always a good sell. They had a live band, the place was full downstairs, and it seemed like everyone that worked there visited our table. One aspect that they do need to improve on is the service. Our server did not remember some of the sets on the entrees and did not know some of the history about the building. Overall we had a great time and I would go back the next time I visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

We discovered the Watermark after coming to the area on business last year. I especially enjoyed the experience there and made a point to return while in town this week. It turned out that the upstairs lounge was not open the evening we were there...a minor disappointment, but we were quickly seated and enjoyed the evening's live music. Servers were professional, but attentiveness could only be described as average...The problem was with my meal. I had ordered lamb, which was well prepared, but essentially had no taste whatsoever. When the server was clearing the plates it was evident that there must be a problem. When the check was presented he had removed the entire charge. Being in the restaurant business myself, this was the proper action to take. Given the "customer oriented" way in which this was handled, we would definitely return and recommend to others.

Reviewed February 9, 2010

This restaurant has a talented chef and ambiance. Unfortunately, management does not understand the responsibilities that come along with being a quality dining establishment. Lower your expectations and don't expect good service or prompt reservation handling and you can have a decent meal at the Watermark.