“Music is TOO LOUD!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Watermark - CLOSED

Watermark
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chestnut
Ventura
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Music is TOO LOUD!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The place is beautiful, but every time I have come there along with a friend or two from out of town, we have decided to leave because the music is so loud you can not hold a conversation in there.

Visited June 2012

Ventura, California
“The best dining experience in Ventura County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is one of my favorite spots to hang out. I love the rooftop lounge and the service is always incredible.

I enjoyed a late lunch upstairs yesterday and it was quite reasonable. The Baja fish taco is huge for only $5 and the spicy chipotle sauce is yummo! I also had the duck quesadilla for $7 and it's more like an empanada. It was also fantastic and the salad underneath was a great compliment.

The drinks are always strong and tasty and the staff extremely attentive. If you haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend. Be sure to go upstairs and check out the view of downtown. It's an incredible building and landmark for Downtown Ventura.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place. Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had the strip steak and my wife had the scallop special. Both were very good if not extraordinary. Nice environment to spend an evening with friends. Prices are commensurate with food quality.

Visited June 2012
Camarillo, CA
“Great special occasion restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had the private room- plenty of attention though unobtrusive. Excellent food- everyone in our party of 12 was delighted. Love having drinks in the upstairs lounge with the small plate menu.

Visited February 2012
Ventura, California
“Christmas treat w/boyfriend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

This place is beautiful. My boyfriend and I ate dinner there after we had been to Van Gundy Jeweler (next door) to pick out my Christmas present (they are amazing too). We had a delicious meal at Watermark and the service was wonderful. It is an occasion-type place, generally, but the prices aren't that much more than any other very nice restaurant. We will be back!

Visited December 2011