“Great "Waterfall Special"”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chestnut
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We had an event to go to in downtown Ventura so decided to stop in at the Watermark (we didn't have reservations). The bar however was open and offered the full menu and a "Waterfall Special" for $25 dollars per person only served Tuesday - Thursday. Also, on Tuesdays, some of their wines are offered at half price. All three courses were excellent as we each ordered something different. Howver we did not have the Wild Pacific Halibut. So for a Tuesday evening we had bread, a bottle of wine and the meal below for under $100 dollars. Each course was excellent and the service and ambiance was great. Below is the three course menu.
1st Course:

Chicken Marsala
Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Portabella Mushrooms
Marsala Cream Sauce

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went to the Watermark for brunch this past Sunday. I have always loved this restaurant for dinner so thought brunch would be good too. It certainly was not bad, but I would not go running back either. Brunch is from the menu and there is a good selection of dishes. Prices range from about 12 to 20 dollars . I had the Breakfast Burrito. The meat is from beef short ribs, so very tender and suprisingly lean. It was served with a tiny portion of salsa which it absolutely needed because by itself, it was hardly seasoned at all. I had to ask for more salsa just to finish half of the burrito. Others at our table had the steak and eggs, crab benedict, chili prawns and we all split an order of the French toast. The French toast was rich , stuffed with marscapone, but the bread part was surprisingly light. The portions were all HUGE. I don't really like large prortion sizes but at least there is some value there for the price. I learned there is only one complimentary glass of champagne served, half a glass really, and we had to ask for it , they did not offer at first. We all asked for a second glass and then I noticed we were charged for that one. The server never said anything about the charge. We were charged $9 each but at least that was a full glass!
All in all the food was good but not outstanding. Value was OK. The restaurant, as always is very beautiful inside and the atmosphere was very nice.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Grab a glass of wine and head to the top, where you will enjoy a lovely view of the ocean and possibly a sunset.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

This restaurant is top notch. It has its price, but everything is first rate. This restaurant would be great for an anniversary celebration, important date, or to take clients to whom you want to impress. The service is fast and unobtrusive. We had steaks (filet mignon) and salmon and everybody was raving about the food. The filets were an inch and a half and completely tender. Mine melted in my mouth! The desserts are a bit heavy (too much cheesecake), but the creme brulee was outstanding. I suggest adding mousse au chocolate or zabaione--something that won't stuff you up as much as cakes do after a big meal. I don't drink, so I can't comment on the winelist. But they had St. Pauli Girl nonalcoholic beer, which is ten times better than O'Doul's. The ambiente is cozy (booths along the sides) although the ceiling is very tall (two storeys). The carved-wood ceiling and Mission-style murals stand out. Watermark is located in the heart of historic Ventura. I had no idea that town was so picturesque! I mentioned price. The steaks were $37 and $38 for the ribeye, but the restaurant is classy, so it's not outrageous.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I had an unexpected last-minute road trip to Ventura on Christmas Eve and had a short time-window for dinner. My friend and I wanted a "nice" Holiday Dinner... so we cruised Main Street in downtown Ventura. All the restaurants that were open were basically empty, with the exception of Watermark. So, we stopped in. Lovely! Absolutely lovely service from the door-man waiting to open the door and wish us a good holiday to the bartender's friendly smile and conversation, to the waitress - I cannot say enough about the staff for opener. Then there was the music! Duo-Jazz musicians playing at the perfect volume, just the right tunes for the setting. My friend is a well considered musician and he thought they were top-notch. Then the food. Beautiful. We both tried the “Crab Martini” with was perfection, he had the Pan Seared Chicken Tapenade… and he is extremely finicky about food – he adored it, raved one of the best meals he has ever had out. And let me tell you – that is saying “something!” I had the seared tuna over garlic puree, and if you’ve seen my other reviews you know I have tuna everywhere. Marvelous. I agreed with my friend – one of the best meals I have ever had. Amazing flavor! The patrons were all local folks that knew a good holiday thing… and I highly recommend Watermark if you are ever in Ventura.