“Best Pizza in California”
Review of Palermo

Palermo
Ranked #42 of 436 Restaurants in Ventura
Reviewed October 22, 2013

They offer moire than just pizza. All the food is terrific but the pizza is incredible good.

Everything is home made--nothing comes out of a can.

We eat there often.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

There's lots of room here inside and out. They also have a gift shop and home interior shop in back to meander while you sip coffee. They have gelato and chocolate truffles. The vibe is more peaceful here too.

I only had a coffee of the day when I was there, Costa Rica something or other, I didn't think it was very good but I am an extreme coffee snob and I did not get my usual mocha but after some cream and organic sugar from the well stocked self-serve fixings bar I was happy with my drink. Not too shabby for $1.75

Reviewed August 21, 2013

So, we happened upon this cute coffee shop while walking in town. It is like no other coffee shop. Inside is of course the coffee bar and gelato but in the back, it's full of nice little tchotckes. There's indoor and outdoor seating.

I had an iced coco mac latte which was delish. It was 2 shots of espresso, a shot of coconut syrup and a shot of macadamia nut syrup with your choice of milk over ice. Delectable. My husband had a gelato which he said was almost as good as Italy.

The service was friendly. You were certainly not rushed in any way.

The menu board is huge, over the register and full of drinks you don't find anywhere else. One of the more interesting ones was lemonade with lavender and a latte made with lavender syrup. We didn't try it but were tempted as we had never seen a drink with lavender syrup.

All in all, a good choice for an afternoon coffee, especially if you want to get away from the chain coffee shop experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The location was in a quiet part of town, the staff were friendly and helpful. The home cooked food was fresh and organic. It also doubles up as a cafe, The coffee selection was good and I had a strong cup to go with my omelete breakfast.

1  Thank GaryT89
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Palermo's is a lovely coffee/tea/gelato and gift shop. I appreciate when tea is taken as seriously as coffee and it is here. Plus the gelato is out of this world. So, I did what any thinking person would do and had tea and gelato for breakfast!!

Comfy chairs and tables inside and out. Can't go wrong to stop here any time of day in downtown Ventura.