“good food”

Torrance
“good food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The chilli is good.
They have take ou and good service.
Always eat here when I stay at the Vagabond Inn.

Visited May 2014

Ventura, California
“Our Go-To Place for Comfort Food”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The Vagabond Coffee Shop is the place where my family meets for Sunday brunch when we are in town. There is a waitress who still works part time during the week who I have known since I was 11 years old, and I'm 68 now. One of the greeters was in my high school class and we know lots of the servers by name. This place is like going to your favorite diner with your family when you were a kid. I'm sure you're getting the picture. The menu is basic with daily specials. Sundays' lunch/dinner specials include roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings or roast pork. Jolene's turkey dinner is as close to what my Mom used to make as it is possible to get and my Mom, age 92, agrees! Belgian waffles with pecans are the best in Ventura County and my husband has tried them all, believe me. Chef's salad from the 50's with wonderful homemade dressings. Lunch/dinner specials include choice of soup or salad, bread (garlic toast, dinner roll, cornbread muffin) and DESSERT which is a choice of their fruit cobbler of the day, ice cream, or pudding of the day. What could be better? Sandwiches are good with wonderful, fresh, fries. As a matter of fact, we're going there today--maybe we'll see you! Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited June 2014
“Takeout”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Felt rushed because they're totally packed. Very nice servers, good wholesome breakfast, reasonable prices.

seattle
“a really pleasant dining experience”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I love diners like this. It was right next to where we were staying at the Vagabond Inn.
For dinner I had their fried chicken dinner, and it was delicious. We liked it so much we
had breakfast there the next morning before taking the Channel Islands ferry.
I wanted to try their famous Belgium waffle. The waitresses, though, were what made this place
so special. They were so nice. They took care of you. They made you feel truly welcome,
which is so rare nowadays when eating out. Bruce B Ecord

• Visited May 2014
Rogersville, Missouri
“Close to the Best Western”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Nice coffee shop close to the Best Western hotel. We met family here on our first night and it was nice not to have to drive any more to get a bite to eat.

Visited April 2014