“Never use this motel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1690 E Thompson Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001-3329 (Formerly Ocean View Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Ventura
Moscow, Russia
“Never use this motel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I did booking via famous booking system. And I arrived at the motel the night before 12:00. Manager for a long time waking up, and when he woke up he said "SOLD OUT". Despite the fact that we had a voucher of booking system.
The question: "What about my money. Are you going to chrage it?"? He said "NO".
The next day, I saw that the money from the card was charged.
They stole my money! Never use this motel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Alexeynik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ventura, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Ocean View Motel Ventura is the most disgusting motel I have ever had the the misfortune to visit. We checked in and out within 12 minutes.

When I reported the disgusting condition of the room to the manager, we was kind enough to offer us an alternative room ( LOL) We declined. The manager did provide a full refund and we were able to leave quickly without a single bite.

Yeh, OK we were looking for budget accommodation, but this was really, really not acceptable
We witness and can confirm nearly all of the negative comments provided by the other victims

Room Tip: Stay in another motel if you are looking for a good room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TerryM60769

Travelers are raving about these Ventura hotels

Colton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

My friend and I needed a cheep place to stay for the weekend and found this place for $59. Well it was too good to be true. While checking the front desk person snarlled what? and we were just checking in. We got to the room and it was the dirtiest room I have ever stayed at. My friend is 3 months pregent and she was having to breath in mold. NOO GOOOD. The door looked as though it had been beaten down and it did not have a safty lock. But we went out all day and just slept there at night. I have a feeling that most of the people staying there are living there. The second night at 11:00 pm I heard screaming and yelling I looked at my window and heard a loud noise. A guy had pushed his girlfriend down the stairs and was standing over her. While she was screaming for help I called the front desk and he was so calm about the whole thing almost like this was nothing new. We then packed our bags and left at 1130 pm we drove all the way up to Thousand oaks becuase everything was booked and we had to pay $100. Please do not stay here unless you are living there and are on drugs!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank HWeiche
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

The place is the worst! The first room I went in was riddled with mold, the inside of what they called a frige was covered in it. The water smelled and looked like dirt. I pulled the bed back to plug in my cell phone and the wall and floor were stained in blood. He moved me to another room where it looked like someone had dug a hole in the middle of the bed. The bedding smelled really bad and the pillows were covered in hair. There was a gap under the door that a cat could climb under. This place was horrible. The cops were there 3-4 timeas a night. I was there for a week and when I finally got my first check I was outta there! Its crawling with drunks, drug dealers and prostitutes. I implore you, stay somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank msanson
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Unless you need a place to meet your crystal meth dealer, I would not recommend this motel. It's basically a long term, just got out of jail, and need a lay low until the drugs wear off. It's just a milimeter above an SRO (single occupancy room-), but not pricewise. Go to the Motel-6 on Harbor View drive, for a low-cost and safer option.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
9 Thank TravlnJones
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

It is without doubt the worst motel I have stayed in anywhere in the world and I have stayed in some poor ones. Reception stinks of stale curry and I love curry. The description of the facilities are totally false. The so called kitchenette consists of a microwave and a sink which doubles as a bathroom basin. Not so much as a mug provided. Police attended place twice in twelve hours.
Manager abusive and rude, abused and threatened me verbally re noise from a nearby room and made no attempt to apologise when he found out he was incorrect.
Do not understand why anyone would stay twice. It is not even cheap.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank Longueville
CALIFORNIA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

This place was not nice. Most of the people staying there were living there. Drug traffic, and prostitution.Our room was dirty with patches on the walls covering holes. Our lock on our door looked like it had been busted several times. Everyone just looked shady. We were only there one night for a concert, while at the concert we asked locals about our motel and they told us that we were staying in one of the worst places in the area. Never again, It was a very busy motel. No on room 206!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends