“Absolutely Disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Ventura B&B and Inns
Goleta, California
“Absolutely Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I came here with my boyfriend because it was late and this was the only place we could find with vacancies in our price range. It was SO gross and everything was ugly. Just picture the most ghetto room you can imagine. The floor felt sticky, the lamp was just a lightbulb on a pole, the bed was hideous, the bathroom was very run down. I felt dirty just being there. The manager told me on the phone it would be $60, but when I got there he said it'd be $100 something. I called him out on it and he lowered the price to $70, but kept trying to get me to take the jacuzzi room. Very skeezy. I've since stayed at several other cheap hotels in the Ventura, and this was the worst one. I would HIGHLY recommend Crystal Lodge, it's actually cheaper, but SO much nicer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Huntington Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

It’s not the cheapest place available. I stayed in a room with a king sized bed that included a separate kitchen. The room was clean. The kitchen had a Mr. Coffee Jr, a four burner stove with oven, sink, refrigerator and freezer, plus a few mugs -- but no utensils, plates, pots or pans. The room had a walk in closet. All the rooms are at ground level; I never heard any noises from other occupants. You park immediately in front of the door to your room.The motel is located next to the Pacific View Mall, so it was easy walking distance to the mall’s food court. The motel’s also located on a residential street, with pleasing houses to stroll past if you wanted to take a walk. The couple who run the place were not fluent in English, but they were sincere and wanted me to be satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Camberley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

No welcome on arrival. No Maps . Couple could barely understand English and our booking reference they had on a scrap of paper. Advertised as with Kitchenette, but no crockery or pots and pans. When I complained we were given 2 dinner plates, 2 bowls, 2 frying pans and a saucepan, and later 2 mugs. No cutlery and no kettle.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a no-frills hotel that has a bed bathroom and rooms are realitively quiet. and also have covered parking which is very beneficial case it's raining but overall it was great and I would stay again. Was the cheapest we could find.

• Stayed April 2012
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

We arrived around midnight to an area that was completely sold out. The owner took full advantage of that and charged us $170 for a 1/2 star, at best, motel. The outside was cute in the dark. The inside was shabby. We would have asked for our money back and gone a little further south except when we arrived in the motel office the guy was conveniently on the phone saying he "only had one room left and it was $170 and he could not wait an hour". He "obviously" was selling us the last room and as he'd turned down a customer for us would not be obliged to refund our money if we complained after we saw the room. A pretty good scam and we were suckered. After we left the next day I called to find the actual room rate was $55.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CarmichaelNYC
Farmington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

I pulled into this motel becuse it looked like the motels I remembered from my childhood. Each room with it's own covered parking area, that southern California architecture was the draw. The manager was firly high pressure in his sales when I balked at the price, $129/night. He walked me to the room to show me the value I would be getting. Red flags for me, that I ignored because of the charm of the structure, were that it seemed to be populated with people living there, rather than staying overnight there. Men wandering the parking area in their pajamas smoking and talking to other residents. I agreed to the price because it was a weekend and I was tired. The room was clean and the bathroom had just been renovated. It lacked air conditioning and I was worried about leaving the windows open because of the other residents. The kitchenette lacked a coffee maker but the manager found one somewhere and brought it to the room. It was not clean, but functional after washing it out. I was awoke at about 2:30 by loud banging in the room next door and a loud arguement that lasted over an hour. I slept little and left early. The manager takes pride in his establishment as evidenced by the cleanliness and general appearance of the motel. He was sweeping the drive when we checked out. I think he is trying to keep the place going by taking in renters. I would not stay again.

• Liked — The look of the motel
  • Disliked — More of a rental than a motel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family