“Fresh, top-quality, hassle-free catering”

Channel Islands Provisioners
Ranked #70 of 457 Restaurants in Ventura
Description: Catering company that specializes in dropping off pre-ordered packaged meals to the harbor for people going out to the Channel Islands for day or camping trips.
Reviewed October 18, 2017

We used Channel Islands Provisioners for a trip to the Channel Islands and were over the moon about what Neal delivered. We went for the full catering service for 3 days, breakfast, lunch, appetizers, dinner, and dessert and every single dish was incredible. Neal uses farmers market-fresh, high quality ingredients and it really shows. Our entire group raved about his meals the entire trip! A super pleasant surprise was that most of the meals were full prepared and in air-tight bags that you simply put in boiling water to heat up. It made the trip mess and hassle free. We cannot wait to use CIP again. PS: every must try his breakfast burritos, peach cobbler, pork loin entree, and ceviche!

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

CIP was recommended to us by our tour company to the Channel Islands. As a tourist visiting Santa Barbara, packing a lunch for the day seemed daunting and would require more effort and planning than I cared for. CIP provides excellent meals, large quantities, and considers the event/task at hand (i.e.; ginger in the event of sea sickness). Everything is packaged in accordance of rules for the islands and returning the containers was a breeze. To sum it up: delicious and convenient meals for a day trip. A great value!

Reviewed September 1, 2017

The food was so delicious and plentiful that we planned our hikes, kayak tours, and beach relaxation around meal time. The food prepared by Neal was just as amazing as you might find at a high end restaurant but it's perfectly packaged and organized with a camping kit so that you can heat it on the camp stove.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Neal and Julia did a phenomenal job planning, coordinating, and creating the meals my husband and I ate while camping on the islands! Everything about the process was easy and reasonable. The food was exceptional and such a delight to consume. Having fantastic, energizing meals during the weekend truly elevated our camping experience. CIP also rented out camp cooking supplies which worked perfectly. Many thanks to CIP! We will definitely use company again when we go back to visit the islands.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

I admit, I hesitated before ordering two $30-something breakfast/lunch combos from CIP. I considered heading to Whole Foods deli and packing up our own lunch because it seemed like a lot of money. I'm so glad I didn't. Sitting on the Channel Island bluffs, happily exhausted after a sea cave kayaking adventure, and eating an amazing CIP sandwich, I realized what an important role food plays in all experiences. Simply put, the day wouldn't have been as beautiful and memorable without the great service from Neal, the convenience of not having to pack a single bite of food myself, and the delicious meals we enjoyed. I was also happy to support a locally-owned business, especially one owned by someone so committed and proud of his craft and so focused on customer service.
Do it. Buy the CIP meal and make your Channel Island Adventure even more magical. p.s. Order the sweet potato, pesto, picked onion, goat cheese sandwich. Yum.