“Average for Hotel, Good for the Price”

Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central
Ranked #32 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Toronto
“Average for Hotel, Good for the Price”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Things going for it: Good location, free parking, breakfast, and internet. The staff was friendly and I enjoyed all the things they have going on in the actual hotel, with a good amount of space and activities for families.

The room was dark, but large. The bathroom needed an update and wasn't a slight sore point. The shower had very poor water pressure and felt a little dingy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with important feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Central.
We are happy that you've found our location to be convenient with free parking, good internet and breakfast. your comments regarding our staff are very important to us as serving our guest in their #1 priority.
Happy to report we will be completely renovating our guest rooms in the very near future.
Thank you for staying with us.

Maria Herrera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express El Paso- Central on a three night baseball vacation. The hotel is just 7 blocks from the New Downtown baseball park. I was picked up at the Airport by the free shuttle (Just called when I arrived and within 15 Minutes they picked me up) the shuttle will also take you anywhere within two miles of the hotel, so on Sat. night they took me to the ballpark and back to the Airport when I left. The bed in my room was very comfortable with 4 good pillows, The television was a new large flat screen with many sports channels and HBO, The breakfast had a good selection of items Scrambled eggs, Sausage, Bacon (on Sat. and Sun. but not on Monday), Pancakes,, Bagels, Toast ,Muffins, Coffee, 2 Kinds of milk ,Orange juice, Bananas ,Oatmeal and best of all Cinnamon Rolls. The quality was just average for most items but the Cinnamon rolls were very nice. The room was nice and clean and the staff was great. My only two quibbles were that it is an older hotel (but I could see that they were making an effort to keep things up to date ) and that my refrigerator had a clicking sound -not bad enough for me to change rooms but enough for me to tell the front desk about it when I checked out. They were very glad that I informed them about it and said they would check it out. The lobby and breakfast area were also very clean and inviting. All in all it was a very pleasant stay .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RobertBabb
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide us with such great feedback regarding your say at the Holiday Inn Express Central. We are glad our location was very convenient for your baseball vacation. Your comments regarding our breakfast, cleanliness of your room and our great staff mean a lot to us as we are very committed to make you feel at home.
Should your travels bring you back to El Paso we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Free parking, free internet, free breakfast and comfortable rooms. If you are looking to stay downtown, this hotel is a good value. Conveniently located off I10, this hotel has a mostly friendly staff and clean rooms. It is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, so don't expect one, but it will suffice and offer you a comfortable bed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for providing us with such great comments regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Central.
Our staff is very committed to provide the best of service and your comments mean a lot to us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Our family stayed here in May 2014. The hotel is right off the highway which was perfect for our 1 night stay. We were walking distance from downtown and had a few choices for dining close by.

The room was very clean and the staff was super friendly.

We didn't use the pool, but it looked great! It had a deep end of 8ft and a handicap chair device that could lower someone into the pool via chair lift. First time I'd seen anything like it at a hotel pool.

Breakfast is free, but served at 630 am. I mentioned to the front desk we would be leaving before breakfast and they offered to have a "to go" bag ready when we left the next morning. How cool is that?

It's not super fancy, and it shows signs of age. Besides that, it was a great value and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Central, we are glad you found our rooms to be clean, and our staff to be friendly and attentive, your comments mean a lot to us as serving you and making you feel at home is our goal.
Should your travels bring you back to El Paso, we hope your will stay with us again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I work for a different hotel company and usually stay with them. We were unable to find rooms in the downtown area that would take us and our 2 dogs. The Holiday Inn was able to handle both issues. The hotel itself appears old from the outside, and I guess it is. However, the rooms appear to have been re-done and were really quite comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast in the Great Room was ok. It was clean, neat and the food was full even though we were up early and there was not many people there. The bottom line is, they made our short stay in El Paso very pleasant, hassle free and very accommodating. I would definitely stay there again, however unlikely, because of who I work for, I could have gotten a better rate, but was more concerned with location

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such great comments regarding your experience on your recent visit.
We are glad you've found our rooms to be clean, quite and comfortable. our staff is very much committed to make our guest feel welcomed and at home and glad that was your experience.
Recently we have added several "healthy options " to our breakfast and the guest feedback has been very positive.
Again, thank you for your comments.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in april after booking it on Hotwire for an overnight work trip. Looked okay from the parking lot but it is clearly a very old hotel. Decor outdated. Rickety elevators, out of two, only one was working. Carpet on my way to my room was dirty and needed to be thoroughly and professionally cleaned. Arrived in my room and went to jump in the shower only to find black mold on the ceiling. The front desk happened to call and check on me at this point and I told them that I was allergic to black mold. They promptly told me to come back downstairs and they would gladly give me another room. I was sure they'd give me a nicer, cleaner room or an upgrade. No such luck. I got another room that didn't feel clean and this time the air conditioner didn't work well. So I spent a sleepless might in a room that was warm but I was too tired to move to another room. Also, I this hotel is right by the interstate so I would periodically be alarmed by the sound of motorcycles or sirens going by the room. Would not stay there again. Bed was comfortable and front desk staff were pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay, we are very sorry your stay was not a pleasant one.
We appreciate your comments regarding the comfortable beds and nice staff. We have forward your other comments to the responsible individuals for follow up.
Kyle, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Recently we stayed at this El Paso Holiday Inn. It was clean, bed was comfortable and breakfast was great. Only things I saw as downfalls were only one working elevator and the shower water was almost impossible to shut off.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room that doesn't face the highway. Was noisy until we both fell asleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your stay, we are glad you've found our hotel clean with comfortable beds. We have upgraded our breakfast selections to include several healthy options and the feedback from our guests has been very positive.
We are upgrading our elevators and the project will be complete soon. We have forward your comment regarding the water in the shower to our Housekeeping Manager for follow up.

Thank you for staying with us, should your travels bring you back to El Paso, we hope you will stay with us again.