“Affordable/Clean Downtown Area”

Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central
Ranked #37 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed March 4, 2013

So Holiday Inn Express is the most affordable/quality hotel in the downtwon area. Was just there for the night of a concert, it looks like they are doing some reservations and updating. The rooms were a little outdated, but clean and very comfortable beds. I think I was most impressed with the staff, the shuttle service was great. Was nice to be able to get on the shuttle to the venue. The only draw backs were the shower, real low flow. Also, had to try three ice machines on different floors before one work. Its a good place though, and if you are wanting to stay downtown under $100.00....was a good choice

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We are very happy and thankful for the great comments regarding our staff and shuttle service as our staff works very hard to provide the best of service.
We have checked all ice machines and happy to report they are all working OK, again, we are thankful for the guest feedback.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here because it was close to the office I would be using while in El Paso. The razor-wire fence around the parking lot should have been my first clue. (Actually, the fact the the only outdoor picture of the hotel on their website were taken at night should have been my first clue, but I digress).

I checked in, went up to my room....and there were ladders and tools and dropcloths all over the place...huffed back down to the front desk with my luggage and requested a different room. Went back upstairs to the new room and....someone's luggage was in the closet. Glad they didn't hear me come in, since I heard the shower running. Back to the front desk, where I was greeted with an eye-roll. Got a 3rd room, which was actually vacant, but was still being cleaned. OK, no biggie, I can wait. It smelled musty and when the housekeeping staff was done 'cleaning', the room was still visibly dirty. I called the front desk and was told that the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do. It was hard to believe that the hotel was full because at 11:30 that night, the parking lot was mostly empty.

Fortunately, my company's travel agency was able to move me to a different hotel for the remainder of my stay. I would not stay at this HIE if it had the last room in El Paso (ok, maybe then, but the Super 8 and Motel 6 would have to be full before I'd even think about it).

Oh, and breakfast was nothing to write home about, either.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, try a different hotel. There's just not a good room to be had in this...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ChrisK6884

We are very sorry thi guest did not have a pleasant experience, guest feedback is very important to us and it is taken very seriosly. Our staff training is on going as our goal is to provide the best of service, guest comments are always used to improve our operation. Again we are very sorry this guest did not have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Yes, the hotel is an older building and is having some work done in the basement and the room decor is a little dated, but THE STAFF IS EXCELLENT. If asked, I swear they would bend over backwards for you.
When I first checked in, the room I was in didn't get a good internet connection. I told the front desk and they moved me to a room on a different floor. In that room I had a very strong connection. The last night I was there the hotel lost its internet. Even though it was not the fault of the hotel or its staff, if that hadn't happened, I'd give them 5 out of 5 stars.
They are in the downtown area and are just off Mesa and CLOSE to the freeway, its about a half block away. Just west of the hotel on Mesa there are to many restaurants to count.
I WILL be staying there again my next time in EL PASO!

Thank You to the staff - front desk, night shift, and breakfast. A job well done!

Room Tip: Routers are on the odd numbered floors
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Maria H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you so much for such great comments regarding our staff, they do work very hard to provide the best of service and our guest are their #1 priority. We have tested our internet access to make sure our guests have good connectivity.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arrived to find the hotel doing some kind of refit! Checked out the next day and while still in the taxi I discovered my phone was not with me so my friend contacted the hotel as it was left in the room only to be told it wasn't ! No way.

Room Tip: Don't go near and if you do don't leave valuables in your room!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter M
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We are very sorry this guest lost his cell phone, as soon as the call was received requesting for us to look for the phone we throughly search the room as it had not been cleaned by the Housekeeping staff unfortunately we were unable to find the phone.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel undergoing renovations, looking good so far. Staff friendly, GREAT dinner recommendation (Ruli's International Kitchen), free shuttle to and from! Perfect location. Easy to get around.
Only complaint: housekeeping disregards, 'save resources, reuse towel' option. I commented to manager and notice Guest Services and Hotel Managers are diligent about follow up.

• Stayed: February 2013
Maria H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your impressions regarding our hotel, our renovation in the lobby area and breakfast room is near completion and looking great! thank you for noticing our staff friendliness as they are very committed to provide the best of service.
We have forward your comments to our Housekeeping Manager regarding the alert on saving resources such as water as we do support them.
Thank you for staying with us and hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is my 2nd business trip to El Paso and I opted to stay downtown because it was affordable and I wanted to see if it was better than other locations. I truly appreciate the hotel for accepting and or honoring the state rate for TX employees as well.

I do appreciate the affordable cost since I travel often for work. The front desk personnel was professional and personable. As another person pointed out.... it appears that the hotel is undergoing some upgrades or changes which are visible in the hotel lobby. It seems as though they just started because even though the rooms now have flat screens the aesthetic decor and fixtures are still from 1980's era. I also noticed that my AC would not maintain a cold temperature and that the bathroom exhaust fan did not work.

The front desk was sweet enough to recognize me as a Platinum Priority Club member and also to provide me a microwave and small personal fridge in my room. I was informed that the parking situation is sticky since people want to park in the hotel parking lot because there are many bars and restaurants nearby.

To be honest I think it would best that they demolished the old dated hotel and started from scratch because it is a pretty old. I would recommend that they include an indoor heated pool, sauna, fitness center, updated business center and don't forget a strong WiFi service for those of us who need a strong internet access.

I will continue to return as long as the owners of this hotel maintain a good hotel rate for those of us who work for the state and frequently travel. I recommend the hotel also provide a couple of washers and dryers so that I don't have to go looking for a laundromat.

Room Tip: If you don't want to drive your vehicle Holiday Inn has a shuttle that will take you around to y...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Maria H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay, we are very happy our front desk staff was proffessional and personable as they do work very hard to provide the best of service. Our hotel lobby and breakfast room renovation is near completion and looks great, our business center was also renovated and it is more spacious and practical.
Also thank you for being one of our Priority Club Platinum Members and very glad your status was recognized at check in.
Finally, glad to report our next plan for renovation does include improvements in our guest rooms, again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed one night during a trip across Texas. The hotel is dated, but is currently under renovation. It will likely be a much nicer stay upon completion. We slept well and didn't have any irregular issues arise. For being downtown, it was pretty quiet. The breakfast was the Holiday Inn Express standard, which we always enjoy. I'd stay again, but wouldn't pay a premium for this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay, we are renovating our hotel lobby and breakfast room and this project is near completion, the feedback from our guest regarding the renovation has been very positive.
We are glad you've found other services to meet your needs, hope to see you again, should your travels bring you to El Paso.