“Lovely new hotel.”

Ranked #33 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Taupo
“Lovely new hotel.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Everything about this hotel was great. Friendly staff, it was nice and new and it showed. Breakfast was included, a buffet, plenty of choice. The eggs were more about ease of preparing than taste but maybe thats an American thing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Comments are greatly appreciated, our staff takes very much pride in the service thay provide.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Idaho
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Placed our reservation weeks in advance but upon arrival needed to request an additional adjoining room which they graciously obliged but wouldn't allow us in the room until they were certain the air conditioner was working correctly. Upon settling into the room they called to make sure everything was working. Later, we discovered that one of the rooms only had HOT water. When we notified the front desk, the maintenance man was at our door shortly after hanging up the phone. He corrected the problem and again we received a call from the front desk to make sure everything was in working order.

During our Sunday morning breakfast a homeless drunk found his way into the breakfast area. The kitchen staff member immediately went up to him and asked if she could fix his plate for him which she did while the other staff member went to find the manager. After seating the man at a table he decided he wanted something else and began harassing a guest for his toast. The manager arrived and asked what the problem was and what room he was in. He provided a room number that didn't exist at which point she took his plates and put all the food on one plate and told him that he could take up to his room while she gently walked him out the front door of the hotel. Well Done! Class Act!

Room Tip: South facing away from Interstate 10 which runs along the North side of the building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maria H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We are very pleased with review comments, our staff works very hard to provide the best of service and the fact that guest recognized their efforts is very rewarding.
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel knows how to make their guests feel like family! It's so nice to see so many friendly faces when you walk in the door of the hote. A special thank you to Charles and Maria for their kindness and willingness to bend over backwards to make you feel at home!

• Stayed September 2012
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
We are extremely pleased and grateful with comments on this review as our staff works very hard to service our guests as they are their #1 priority!
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

As a busy graduate student at The University of Texas at El Paso, it is not often that I can take time to contact a business regarding the level of service they provide. Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Central El Paso, however, compelled me to set-aside time to write the following comments. I had a good feeling about my decision to book at this location even before we even checked-in. When confirming her reservation, my Mom raved about the customer service she received over the phone from Maria. Also, I emailed Valerie to ask if anything special could be arranged for my Mother as I only get to see her twice a year. Valerie upgraded our room, and even left a box of chocolates on my Mom’s pillow. My confidence in choosing this location was confirmed at check-in. Alex and his team at this location including, Maria, Tina, Ana, and Daniel, provided quite possibly the best hotel stay I can ever remember. The hotel exterior, lobby, halls, elevators, and even the exterior were always clean. Every aspect of our stay exceeded expectations.

To say the staff was courteous would be an understatement. Every employee, at every interaction, greeted us with a smile. Every time we passed a member of the housekeeping staff in the halls or lobby, or even in the elevator, we received a heartfelt greeting. Every front desk staff member greeted us with a smile and a kind word every time we entered the hotel, and wished us a good day as we left – every time we entered and exited. Chuey, the shuttle driver was incredibly friendly and made each trip feel like an experience reserved for those who use limousine service. We could not believe the shuttle could be used on short trips, and was not exclusively used as an airport shuttle – what a lifesaver!

The hot breakfast provided really caught us off-guard as we are used to hotels offering “free breakfast” consisting of coffee and pastries. The food was always hot, fresh, and presented in a very nice manner. We really could not believe all of the options that were available. I particularly enjoyed the fact that healthy options were available (i.e. low-fat yogurt, skim milk, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc.) The breakfast area attendant, Ana was, (like all of the staff at this location) even at the crack of dawn, extremely warm and welcoming. The serving area was always clean and well-stocked, and the dining area was immaculate. We found our room to be more than adequate and very clean. I am a firm believer in “the little things” making all the difference in the service industry – and the staff here has thought of the smallest details. Upon arrival in the late evening, coffee was set-out in the lobby. In the early evenings small snacks were available to tide us over until dinner.

My Mother and I have stayed at hotels with higher star ratings, and which charge triple the nightly rate we paid at this location, but never have we felt so happy with a hotel stay. I never once observed an employee who was not being productive. The Holiday Inn Express brand may provide the amenities, but the staff at the Central El Paso location made each one so much more special than just a fixture of the hotel. Each amenity, through the way the skillful staff managed them, felt like it was a “perk” rather than a standard guest service.

During our six night stay, we were able to observe that the cleanliness of the hotel and the wonderful attitudes and customer service skills possessed by each staff member were not just the product of a “good day”, rather, a consistent part of the culture present at this location. We will most definitely choose this location again and I will recommended this location to anyone I know traveling to the El Paso area with full confidence.

I would like to extend a huge thank you to all of the staff at the Holiday Inn Express – Central for making our stay the best we have ever had at any hotel.

As I read-over various internet travel website ratings for this hotel, I see I am not alone in my praises. Please recognize the staff at this location for all their hard work.

As it said on my keycard, I most certainly did “Stay Impressed”,

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the highway are quieter, ask for an upgrade, the shuttle can be used for more than ju...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RCOtero
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We are extremely pleased and grateful with the comments, our staff takes pride in serving our guests as this is our #1 priority!!!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel many times while my boyfriend was job hunting in the city. They knew us already and were always friendly. The shuttle service would take us to nearby restaurants. The breakfast is hot and yummy, with healthy choices. The rooms are clean and no one is allowed to smoke, which I love! My bf finally found a job and moved into the city, so we haven't been back since February 2012, but it's by far one of the best hotels in el paso. Tip... Book through Priceline.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We are very happy to see that our guest appreciate our efforts to provide excellent customer service as this is our #1 priority!!!!!
Anaheim
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn from 7/13-7/16.
Check in - Charles was friendly, very helpful and we were checked into both our rooms in less than 5 minutes. We later called with a few requests and they were all taken care of right away.
Our Rooms on the 8th floor were super clean, tidy and the beds were very comfortable.
We were not very familiar with the area and every time we asked the gentleman that drives the shuttle for directions for places to eat or buy different items we needed we got excellent suggestions. I unfortunately forgot his name but he was always very polite and helpful.
The ladies working the breakfast area in the mornings were always nice and greeted us with a hello and a smile.
Location was great..right next to the 10 freeway and close to Mesa st which has plenty of bars and restaurants.
All in all, we were extremely happy with this hotel. Next time we travel to El Paso, we'll definitely be staying here again.
Thanks again for the awesome service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
We are very pleased and grateful with the comments on this review as our entire staff works very hard to make our guests feel welcomed and at home. Our staff is wonderfull!!!!!!!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My friends and I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.........There were 5 of us and we had 2 rooms......The rooms were typical of what you expect to find at a HIE property.........But the staff was Awesome.........Maria at the front desk was very sweet and accommodating, Charles at the front desk was really cool too.......The breakfast lady was sweet and very attentive and also very easy to have a conversation with...The breakfast area was very clean and organized.........The housekeepers were also very friendly in the hallways and very helpful..........
I work at the front desk at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Anaheim Maingate....I can honestly say I would love to work side by side with any of the staff at this hotel including Tom the Driver. ........Thank You all for the Awesome Hospitality.......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends