“5 Star experience at a 2 star price”

Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, Texas, United States
“5 Star experience at a 2 star price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

As a busy graduate student at The University of Texas at El Paso, it is not often that I can take time to contact a business regarding the level of service they provide. Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Central El Paso, however, compelled me to set-aside time to write the following comments. I had a good feeling about my decision to book at this location even before we even checked-in. When confirming her reservation, my Mom raved about the customer service she received over the phone from Maria. Also, I emailed Valerie to ask if anything special could be arranged for my Mother as I only get to see her twice a year. Valerie upgraded our room, and even left a box of chocolates on my Mom’s pillow. My confidence in choosing this location was confirmed at check-in. Alex and his team at this location including, Maria, Tina, Ana, and Daniel, provided quite possibly the best hotel stay I can ever remember. The hotel exterior, lobby, halls, elevators, and even the exterior were always clean. Every aspect of our stay exceeded expectations.

To say the staff was courteous would be an understatement. Every employee, at every interaction, greeted us with a smile. Every time we passed a member of the housekeeping staff in the halls or lobby, or even in the elevator, we received a heartfelt greeting. Every front desk staff member greeted us with a smile and a kind word every time we entered the hotel, and wished us a good day as we left – every time we entered and exited. Chuey, the shuttle driver was incredibly friendly and made each trip feel like an experience reserved for those who use limousine service. We could not believe the shuttle could be used on short trips, and was not exclusively used as an airport shuttle – what a lifesaver!

The hot breakfast provided really caught us off-guard as we are used to hotels offering “free breakfast” consisting of coffee and pastries. The food was always hot, fresh, and presented in a very nice manner. We really could not believe all of the options that were available. I particularly enjoyed the fact that healthy options were available (i.e. low-fat yogurt, skim milk, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc.) The breakfast area attendant, Ana was, (like all of the staff at this location) even at the crack of dawn, extremely warm and welcoming. The serving area was always clean and well-stocked, and the dining area was immaculate. We found our room to be more than adequate and very clean. I am a firm believer in “the little things” making all the difference in the service industry – and the staff here has thought of the smallest details. Upon arrival in the late evening, coffee was set-out in the lobby. In the early evenings small snacks were available to tide us over until dinner.

My Mother and I have stayed at hotels with higher star ratings, and which charge triple the nightly rate we paid at this location, but never have we felt so happy with a hotel stay. I never once observed an employee who was not being productive. The Holiday Inn Express brand may provide the amenities, but the staff at the Central El Paso location made each one so much more special than just a fixture of the hotel. Each amenity, through the way the skillful staff managed them, felt like it was a “perk” rather than a standard guest service.

During our six night stay, we were able to observe that the cleanliness of the hotel and the wonderful attitudes and customer service skills possessed by each staff member were not just the product of a “good day”, rather, a consistent part of the culture present at this location. We will most definitely choose this location again and I will recommended this location to anyone I know traveling to the El Paso area with full confidence.

I would like to extend a huge thank you to all of the staff at the Holiday Inn Express – Central for making our stay the best we have ever had at any hotel.

As I read-over various internet travel website ratings for this hotel, I see I am not alone in my praises. Please recognize the staff at this location for all their hard work.

As it said on my keycard, I most certainly did “Stay Impressed”,

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the highway are quieter, ask for an upgrade, the shuttle can be used for more than ju...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RCOtero
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We are extremely pleased and grateful with the comments, our staff takes pride in serving our guests as this is our #1 priority!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel many times while my boyfriend was job hunting in the city. They knew us already and were always friendly. The shuttle service would take us to nearby restaurants. The breakfast is hot and yummy, with healthy choices. The rooms are clean and no one is allowed to smoke, which I love! My bf finally found a job and moved into the city, so we haven't been back since February 2012, but it's by far one of the best hotels in el paso. Tip... Book through Priceline.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We are very happy to see that our guest appreciate our efforts to provide excellent customer service as this is our #1 priority!!!!!
Anaheim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn from 7/13-7/16.
Check in - Charles was friendly, very helpful and we were checked into both our rooms in less than 5 minutes. We later called with a few requests and they were all taken care of right away.
Our Rooms on the 8th floor were super clean, tidy and the beds were very comfortable.
We were not very familiar with the area and every time we asked the gentleman that drives the shuttle for directions for places to eat or buy different items we needed we got excellent suggestions. I unfortunately forgot his name but he was always very polite and helpful.
The ladies working the breakfast area in the mornings were always nice and greeted us with a hello and a smile.
Location was great..right next to the 10 freeway and close to Mesa st which has plenty of bars and restaurants.
All in all, we were extremely happy with this hotel. Next time we travel to El Paso, we'll definitely be staying here again.
Thanks again for the awesome service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Maria H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Paso - Central, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
We are very pleased and grateful with the comments on this review as our entire staff works very hard to make our guests feel welcomed and at home. Our staff is wonderfull!!!!!!!
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My friends and I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.........There were 5 of us and we had 2 rooms......The rooms were typical of what you expect to find at a HIE property.........But the staff was Awesome.........Maria at the front desk was very sweet and accommodating, Charles at the front desk was really cool too.......The breakfast lady was sweet and very attentive and also very easy to have a conversation with...The breakfast area was very clean and organized.........The housekeepers were also very friendly in the hallways and very helpful..........
I work at the front desk at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Anaheim Maingate....I can honestly say I would love to work side by side with any of the staff at this hotel including Tom the Driver. ........Thank You all for the Awesome Hospitality.......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arthur A
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Kinda hard to get to using GPS. I call mine Sally. Well she almost sent me up a one way street till I realized it. LOL I would have been like some of those commercials out there. The greeting was great and the room was good too. It's an older building that has been converted to a HI Express. They did well at the conversion. The bed was comfy and slept well. At first the wireless internet wasn't very good. But, I found the hard wired outlet under the desk and all was good. The tub had been painted and was peeling in a few places. And the breakfast for an Express is probably the best in the limited service sector.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank funkikker
Lindale, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I really like this hotel. I stay there two or three times a year on business and it has always been a good stay for me. I like the fact it has a shuttle to and from the airport which is unusual for an Express. The staff is nice and always willing to answer questions or to take you to a place to eat within a couple mile radius. The beds are clean and passable but not as comfortable as some hotels I have been to recently. The breakfast is a good selection, the lady who sets it up is so friendly and the coffee is very good. I have no doubt, I will be back, again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan R
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

it was easy to find, close to the highway. Since I was the priority club member, they gave me a snack pack which was cute and thoughtful!
The room was spacious and quiet. I am very sensitive to smell but this room was clean! Ah, and the breakfast was good.
I believe they have the airport shuttle service running upon request.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family