“An Oasis in the Desert”

Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Santa Maria, California
“An Oasis in the Desert”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

After driving across Texas in one day I was hot, tired and exhausted. I had booked at room at the Radisson using my points and ended up paying nothing in cash. They had a lovely King sized Sleep Number bed, a great view of the pool and courtyard and fast delivery on the room service. I slept like a baby and enjoyed free in-room coffee and a complimentary full breakfast the following morning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank parrington43
Radissoncrib, Manager at Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
I want to take this opportunity to extend my sincere appreciation and to say thank you for selecting our hotel as your place to stay during your drive across the Lone Star State and visit to El Paso.

I also want to extend my genuine gratitude for your kind words. We are so happy you were able to take advantage of our Carlson Points for a free stay, enjoy our complimentary breakfast and sleep peacefully in one of our rooms.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have stayed here several times on business trips.

The hotel is clean, well kept, and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast menu, included with the room, is inclusive for most tastes and is served quickly and deliciously. Free happy hour is a great plus.

We love relaxing in the courtyard with friends and often order food from the in hotel restaurant. The food is delicious. I recommend everything... especially the salmon, fajitas, and nachos.

We enjoy the staff which has not changed that much over the last couple of years. We love it here.

Room Tip: We love having a room on the courtyard because it is nice to look out.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I want to take this opportunity to extend my sincerest appreciation and to say thank you for selecting our hotel as the place you have chosen to stay during your business endeavors in El Paso.

I also want to extend my genuine gratitude for your kind words. We are so happy you have chosen to stay with us overtime and that you enjoyed our staff, rooms and restaurant. We are so pleased to hear you say you love our property and hope we continue to exceed your expectations.

Philly
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I spent 3 1/2 weeks in this hotel last year (just got on this site recently). I stayed in four different rooms so I really got a feel for this hotel. Our company has an account at the "raddy" and we usually stay here. Our company used to stay at the Holiday Inn, and the Raddy is way better. (I'm glad we switched, plus the staff at the holiday inn is not nearly as nice. They tried to deny me hotel points because the stay was on our corporate account, and then tried to up the rate on me in the middle of the stay! We switched for good after that)

Rooms: I stayed in four different king rooms in different sections of the hotel, including the nicer king and the cheaper king rooms. Not sure what's up with the greek columns... but that aside the rooms were nicely appointed and comfortable. The flat screens are nice but in 2 out of the 4 rooms, the TV could not be properly angled towards the couch. They probably could've thought that out better. The rooms facing the airport are a tad louder but that's what you get when you're literally next to the airport. The ones by the pool offer less privacy, because you cannot open your drapes without everyone seeing in from the pool area. But, my room was literally 10 paces from the hot tub.

The sleep number beds: OK, well the ones that actually worked are great. The problem is that only 2 out of the 4 rooms had fully functioning sleep number beds. One of them only sorta worked slowly, and another room it did not work. So you were stuck with whatever number it was programmed on. (This is why I give the raddy four instead of five stars).

Property: the pool and hot tub were nice. I used the laundry and it was fine as well. The outdoor patio was a nice place to relax after stressful days spent in Juarez.

Staff: I kept extending my business trip, and left for skiing and hiking on weekends. So I kept checking in and out and got moved around a bit. I hit a snag where I had a room by the pool, and had to switch rooms because that exact room was requested by someone else. Odd, but I didn't mind much. I rode the shuttle around to various dinner spots and the drivers were cool. Overall the staff was nice. I locked myself out of my room once and the staff was cool.

Food/drink: The free breakfast is great. I love tex mex food and there were lots of choices. Every morning it was fast and good. The bar area and around the pool is nice enough, but the selections were a bit lacking. It wasn't a big deal because happy hour is free so what can you ask for? There are SO MANY great food choices in the ELP area that I suggest trying them for dinner. (cattle barons 1 block walk. If you have a rental car, drive to Rudy's, cattleman's, stateline, end of texas etc.) Skip carlos & mickey's and Chico's!

Overall my company will continue to stay at the Raddy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Have stayed at the Radisson El Paso for business before so didn't hesitate to book again when I had to go back last week. Simply put: great service, delicious free breakfast, manager's happy hour, covered outdoor fire pit area with TV's, indoor and outdoor pools/jacuzzis, adequate fitness room including free weights, minutes from Rt 10 and a football field from El Paso Airport and Ft. Bliss. You'll def get the most out of your per diem at Radisson El Paso!

Room Tip: Before you unpack, check to make sure the room you're assigned is the room you booked. Mine had...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Radissoncrib, Manager at Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I want to take this opportunity to extend my sincere appreciation and to say thank you for selecting our hotel as your place to stay during your recent visit to El Paso.

I also want to extend my sincerest thanks and appreciation for your kind words. On knowing that our hotel is great for a business traveler, that our breakfast is delicious, that you enjoyed our manager’s happy hour, the covered fire pit area with TV’s, the indoor and outdoor pools/whirlpools, the fitness room with the free weights, the convenience that we are minutes from I-10, football field, El Paso Airport and Ft. Bliss. Most of all, knowing that you had great service and you were able to reserve your room at the per diem rate.

New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My business partner reserved a room in his name. He indicated 2 people. He neglected to include my name on the reservation. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told they could not allow me in the room, unless they heard from my partner to give permission. My partner was in flight and not available by cell phone. I offered to give my card number to get into the room then when he arrives at the hotel the situation could be dealt with. Nothing I suggested was due able. I showed them paperwork with Mikes name on it. The person behind the desk and manager were very rude. When I wrote the managers name down she told me it was spelled incorrectly. I went to the hotel bar for dinner and drinks. The manager (Maria) then came into the bar and spoke to the bartender. The bartender was watching me during their conversation; it was obvious they were discussing my situation. When my partner arrived to the hotel 4 hours later, I finally got into my room. With no apology! Is this how customers should be treated. I travel a lot and have never been treated this way before. I am going to follow up on this with the owner of the hotel.

Room Tip: Include all names of the people who will be traveling with you and staying in the hotel room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Al S

On behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations. If you would like to further discuss your concerns please contact me at rhi_elps@radisson.com

San Diego
Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

Great stay. Friendly staff man spacious, clean rooms. Bet complementary breakfast ever. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Tallpilot

I also want to extend my sincerest thanks and appreciation for your kind words. On knowing that our staff is friendly, that you enjoyed the speciousness of our rooms, that the breakfast we serve is the best you’ve had and most of all that you had a great stay.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I live in EP, but my gf and I decided to stay a night in a hotel, for a bit of a different scene. I won't complain about the cleanliness; the Radisson was fine in that department. I will complain about the rest! First, there was a very noisy event going on in the plaza area directly outside of our room that went on well past 10 p.m. We weren't told in advance, nor given the option to switch rooms. Next, the shower door stuck, and when we got it open, it wouldn't close. Water. Everywhere. The AC didn't work, the furniture was cheap (for a king suite), all the pillows were different sizes so it was a challenge to get comfortable, and we were on the first level with a large UNtinted window facing the parking lot. I will not be going there again on my own dime.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank CoolSosa
Radissoncrib, Manager at Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
I want to take this opportunity to extend my sincere appreciation and to say thank you for selecting our hotel as your place to stay here in your home town El Paso.