“Interesting”

Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Interesting”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

It was very interesting. We stayed here as a stop off place while heading to/from San Antonio. First reservation was w/priceline and the room was lovely. We weren't treated as nicely as the second time when I made the reservation via the Marriott website. I just thought that was very interesting. I do not know if it made a difference in the room, but the difference was in the way we were treated!

Room Tip: I do not beleive this hotel has queen beds. If it is important to you to have a queen, you may want...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ktr11
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at our property with other TripAdvisor members! We continue to strive to improve our guests' experience and appreciate you comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
NJ
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Wow, what an exceptional 1 night stay here. The staff were the most friendly and efficient I have ever encountered in all of my hotel stays. From the airport shuttle pick up, Salvatore, to the front desk and service in the restaurant! Of course the great night sleep in the comfortable bed helps prepare for the trials of travel days :-)
I would definitely stay here again when business brings me back to El Paso. Thanks to the GM for providing leadership that shows throughout the staff in the E'sprit de corps!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I shared your comments with the staff and Salvador was especially humbled by your kind words.

We look forward to your next trip to El Paso also, and we hope it's soon.
Hoodsport, Washington
Reviewed March 24, 2014

As many of you may realize by now, I truly enjoy staying at Marriott properties. I wasn't sure how this would be since it's been here for years. Surprisingly it is an updated property, extremely clean as expected. Staff is friendly and accommodating. The concierge level is also awesome, a level of service you can reach when staying often with a particular chain of hotel as I have chosen the Marriott Hotels. I do stay elsewhere at times and will write about those as well when I do.

Room Tip: Our room is high and facing the pool which is the back area, otherwise you'd be upfront on a mai...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our property. Given that you are a loyal Marriott guest it means so much to us that you enjoyed your visit. As you know we strive to make our guest's feel at home and to hear that we succeeded means so much! We hope to see you again really soon!
Corona del Mar, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

All the staff were extremely friendly and it felt very genuine. In the evening and morning lobby rush hours the managers were greeting guests in the lobby and offering assistance. I love that! The properties restaurant (The Great Room) is an open room concept that is very inviting for the traveler on one's own. Features group tables with plenty of power outlets for our electronic gadgets. Plenty of other restaurant options within a short walk. Airport shuttle is on-demand and a very short distance from the terminal. Only complaint is it is expensive for the area. Work on finding a discounted room rate.

Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. We love to hear that our staff is exceeding the high standards set by Marriott.

See you soon!
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice airport with friendly helpful staff near the El Paso International Airport. Rooms are slightly dated but clean, spacious, and comfortable. Plenty of restaurants etc. near by. Shuttle service is offered for easy access to the airport and local restaurants, shopping etc. Nice indoor / outdoor pool. Concierge lounge on 5th floor offers a variety of snacks and beverages in the evening, and some breakfast items in the morning. Morning eggs were good, but, some breakfast meat of some kind would be a nice improvement. Overall a good lodging choice when overnighting in El Paso.

Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. We look forward to your next visit with us and hope to see you soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel over a number of years. This stay was the worst for any Marriott. A management trainee was at the front desk, she could not get a room, I had to speak to the Manage On Duty, Rebecca.

I found her to be totally not helpful and very argumentive, every step of the check-in process were met with obstacles by her.

I felt that if Anthony Merchiorri, from "Hotel Impossible", he would have been thoroughly disgusted by her behavior. I bet he would have never seen such behavior by a Manger such as this.

I finally was given a room on the top floor, this was not acceptable due to party going on in Room 646, which was a Suite, the women in there had the doors opened and noise was coming out into the hall. I asked Rebecca to check into this - she did not, and when I came back from work, the party was still going on.

I asked the Front Office Manger Sandra, to check into this, she did come to Room 646, but they told her that they had other people coming and going and did not want lock the doors.

It seems to me that this is a severe violation of security policies, anyone could have entered that room for what ever purpose they had in mind. Terrible security issues.

I finally was given a room on the 5th floor. During the two day stay the HVAC cut-off during the night, no cool air in the room due to fact that chillers were cutting off.

On the TV two channels were without signals, TBS and TNT. There were too many sports channels.

Extra pillows or towels were not added to the rooms, my profile states this is suppose to be done.

Concierge Lounge did not open on time, it was 15 minutes late on Sunday.

There were only two sheets of memo paper in the room, I had to call for extras.

The first room assigned, had poor lighting in the bathroom, almost useless.

This is an old Hotel, and has not kept up with modern advances in technology. About all they do is change the décor, which is still very much out of date.

This Hotel has serious security and management issues, which need to be addressed immediately.

Fecal matter on toilet seat in room 655.

This Lifetime Platinum Member will never stay at this Hotel again - ever.

Room Tip: Room facing Montana have a lot of street noise.
3 Thank Michael M
Liz P, Front Office Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for staying with us during your El Paso visit.

I wanted to express my sincerest apology for the lack of customer service you received from the front desk supervisor, Rebecca and for the housekeeping, maintenance and concierge issues you experienced. I have addressed this issue with her and all my front desk staff as well as the housekeeping staff, maintenance staff and food and beverage staff. It is our goal to provide our valued guests with only the finest in service and accommodations and we deeply regret if we have failed you at such.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to serve you should your travels bring you back to the El Paso area in the future.

Best regards,

Cyndy S.
Front Office Manager
Marriott El Paso
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great location. Upscale price with Conceige Room Access. But breakfast falls short. For instance the have scrambled eggs, but no toast or bacon. So you just eat eggs- nothing else. Maybe picky but the attendant was clueless as to why I was asking for toast and bacon. Coffee was poor. Grabbed a Banana and went to McDonalds. Plenty of parking. Good rooms. I overpaid because of that 5th floor access.

Room Tip: Bypass 5th floor access for a cheaper room.
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing Marriott for your recent stay. We continue to strive to improve our guests' experience and appreciate you comments.

Thank you for your review.