“Great Staff and Comfy Beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Paso Marriott

El Paso Marriott
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
“Great Staff and Comfy Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Airport in El PAso as I was looking for a hotel more centrally located to my work assignments. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff. The greeting upon check in was welcoming, I was helped by a staff member that saw me wondering around looking for the fitness center and the staff in the concierge lounge are among the most helpful and respectful that I have ever met. It is clear that everone takes accountability for their hotel. On my way to wonderinga round looking for the fitness center (it's right off the lobby) I came across a spilled drink on the floor. The staff member that had directed me to the fitness center must have gotten someone on the spot immediately because 5 minutes later the spill was cleaned up. Of course I cannot finish the review without mentioning the comfortable Marriott bedding, which I think is the best bedding ever!! My only comment for improvement would be having a breakfast meat available in the concierge lounge. As a business traveler this is a common approach to breakfast in the lounges and offers options for folks following high protein/Adkins type diets versus the heavy carb offerings.

Room Tip: Rooms appear to be recently remodeled with nice carpeting and furniture.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I enjoyed everything about my stay at the Marriott. The staff were all amazingly friendly and professional - true customer service. The lobby was inviting (loved the decor), and our room was comfortable and clean. If you order room service you absolutely have t try the tortilla soup. This will definitely be my first choice of hotel for my next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

updated clean and classy. nice restaurant . the pool has both indoor and outdoor sections to it. Nice comfortable bed. we like to go here for a local getaway . close to airport and other businesses and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at this property for the 2012 Hyundai Sun Bowl (Georgia Tech team hotel). The staff was very accomodating throughout our 6-day stay. The rooms were nice - adequately furnished - but a bit on the smaller size compared to other Marriott hotels I've stayed at.

The restaurant food is actually pretty good - I ordered various sandwiches and entrees and did not have a disappointing meal.

This hotel is very close to the airport, but a bit far from downtown El Paso.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Came for a week, had excellent service at the front desk and throughout the stay. The location is great with the airport very close and restaurants very close as well. Only weird thing was no movies on demand or for order. But very nice rooms and appliances, decor etc.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
marfa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have stayed here maybe a dozen times over the last few years. Great place to stay before or after a flight. You can even leave your car a few days in their lot. The room service prices are reasonable, and the entire staff--cleaning to waiter to shuttle driver so nice and helpful. The best part is a great indoor-outdoor pool, hot tub and sauna! Stays open until 11pm. Beds and rooms comfortable, and some on the ground floor have sliding doors to an outside seating area. Love staying there, even when we don't have a flight to catch!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was the first time that I stayed in this hotel (I normally stay at the Holiday Inn just off the highway, further away from the airport). As stated in another review, the outside of the building is a little bit dated, but nothing else is. The lobby is very attractive and from the moment that you step in you know that you are in a business hotel, and a good one at that. Every member of the staff that I came in contact with was cheerful, accommodating, and asking what they could do to help my stay be a better experience. Check-in went smoothly enough. My room was not ready when I got there (in all fairness I DID arrive before they expected me to) so they offered to put me in a different room type if I didn't want to wait. I elected to wait, they checked my baggage and called me when my room was ready. About two and a half minutes after I walked through the door the phone rang and the desk person asked if the room met my needs. I had asked for both a refrigerator and extra pillows prior to check-in. The refrigerator provided was very small and designed to hold only a few drinks, but that was all I wanted anyway. The bed had seven pillows already on the bed, plus four more since I had asked for extras. The room over all was very comfortable, the only drawback being that the bathroom was quite small compared to most other hotels that I have stayed in, though this IS an airport hotel and is not designed for people staying more than a night or two. I did not try the bar or the restaurant, though my co-workers did and said both were quite nice. I ordered room service. The food was pretty good and was not overly expensive. The thing that stands out about this hotel to me more than anything is the staff ... simply outstanding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business