“Nice LQ - Clean and comfortable.”

La Quinta Inn El Paso West
Ranked #37 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Let me start this by saying I do not normally stay at La Quintas.

The hotel itself is well maintained and clean - though it is an older hotel with thin doors and single paned windows making it a bit noisy (close to the freeway).

The rooms seems to be recently renovated and are very clean. The beds are comfortable but the sheets are a bit scratchy. TV is nice.

The only real complaint I would have is the staff. When checking in, the agent was nice and courteous. However, upon check out the again was not at the desk - having a conversation on a cell phone in the back office. I had to call her and it seems like an inconvenience for her.

For an overnight stay I would recommend this hotel as long as you are not overly concerned with service.

Room Tip: The freeway intersection where this hotel is located (coming from the west to the east) is a little...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had traveled through El Paso the previous month on my way to Phoenix, AZ. I stayed at three different hotels during that trip and had a bad experience with all of them. They all were dirty,unfriendly, lacked good customer service. This time around I decided to go with La Quinta and I was not dissapointed at all starting with my stay here in El Paso. I could not have had a better experience. As a matter of fact I have already booked my stay at this same hotel for my return trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just passing through town. The place was relatively easy to find, and in a clean, quiet, well-lit area (we arrived late at night).

Inside the room, we found it to be clean and spacious. One minor strike: my wife felt the room was ice-cold when we arrived, so she asked me to turn on the heat a little. When I did, a horrible smell of burnt dust came out, and the fire alarm went off. I turned it off, but the smell wafted in the room for a while. The fan itself was fine.

Another minor irritant was that the bathroom floor was cold, clammy and slippery, especially after a shower. And the bathtub / shower fittings were loose.

Still, we had a pretty good night's sleep. We didn't enjoy the breakfast because we were counting on there being a McDonald's nearby (there was!).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Chihuahua, Mexico
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I hope La Quinta invest more in tis unit maintenance.

In the past I never experience maintenance problems, and I been guest for many years.

I understand the financial problems for enconomic recesion, but there is a point off no return y in relation with hotel instalations

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family