“Okay for the money”

La Quinta Inn El Paso - Airport
Ranked #49 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We had eight rooms--3 in the smoking section and 5 in the non smoking. All rooms looked pretty identical except some had refrigerators.
The rooms were decent; showers were great but tub didn't drain too good.
Pool was wonderful.
Breakfast was basic continental style.
Denny's is next door so we had our breakfast there.
Location is excellent. So easy to get anywhere in El Paso since you are right off I-10
Staff at hotel were pleasant and helpful
I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010

Reviewed May 21, 2010

I have stayed at this location several times before with acceptable rooms. NO LONGER! Checked in and received room 105. A/C blowing tipid air. Moved to room 104 with same results. Manager said they would check it out the next day. Checked out and went down the street to Quality Inn. BTW when I checked in the young woman on the desk treated me like was a criminal. She acted like she was doing me a favor by letting me stay there. The guy at Quality Inn acted like I was his long lost friend returning for a visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank txtraveler46
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We arrived early after seeing some sights of El Paso. The front desk would not honor the $ amount we were quoted (after numerous requests) so we ended up spending $65.00 for an upstairs room on the interstate. The vehicle noise was very loud, not to mention the plane and helicopter noise. There was a short in a light so even with the switch off, we had our very own strobe beacon. The front desk clerk then advised that they did not have a manager for this hotel when I went to complain the following morning. The room was old but fairly clean, overall it was a terrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewMexicoGrammer
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We have stayed in many La Quinta Inns over the years, and have always been more than pleased. We will never stay in this Inn again, and I do not believe that we can bring ourselves to stay in any La Quinta.

1. Our reservations were made along with our tickets on Southwest Air, for $52 per night. Arriving Friday and leaving Sunday morning. My brother-in-law passed away, so we extended our trip for three days. We were told the rate would be the same. Upon check out, we find that they are charging us their "BEST RATE" of $78, $88 and $98 per night. On-line, these same nights are listed at $56 per night.

2. The location of the hotel is good, but the hotel is not. The rooms are in a sad state, and need to be updated. After we checked in, we would have moved, but we thought it was only for two nights, and after, our thoughts were on other things.

3. We would take a shower in the tub that would not maintain a constant pressure or temperature. Then after walking on their carpet for a few minutes, our feet would be black.

4. The bolt lock on the door would not engage, and the front desk could not/would not get anyone to fix it.

5. There was a rowdy party each night, with people drinking and yelling in the parking lot.

6. Verizon e-mail would not send from their free internet, as they will not offer an encrypted version.

7. The cable TV was so cheap, that several of the stations, such as the Weather Channel, were fuzzy and out of focus. They provide ABC and CBS, but do not provide NBC. However, there are about 10 ESPN Channels.

We have traveled all over the world, staying in small local hotels/motels to large chain hotels. This stay ranks as one of the WORST stays we have ever had!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank buhair
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I know El Paso very well, and this is a well-located motel if you need to be centrally located. You can get to both sides of town easily from this location, and there are many restaurants nearby. The motel itself is busy, but it seems well managed despite the hubbub. Rooms that face the back are quiet (I have stayed in the back twice, but cannot speak to the sound in the rooms closer to I-10), and the parking is convenient. The rooms are clean, although the motel is starting to show its age. The breakfast is decent, and the pool seems clean (I did not use it). Overall, this is a good bargain in El Paso, and is pet friendly, too!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank whateverintexas
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Just stay somewhere else. They don't even HAVE an elevator!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2009

I stayed for two days at this La Quinta Inn, and loved it! It was clean, cozy, comfortable, and had all the amenities I wanted, which include a refrigerator, and microwave! Plus it had a breakfast type table (see my photos). It was fairly quiet, and very well maintained. This property sits next to a Denny's BUT there is also an excellent Mexican restaurant on the other side, open 8 to 8, and I ate very good there!!!! I highly recommend this La Quinta Inn, it really was a pleasure to stay there! Can't wait to visit it again!!!!! :)

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business