WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
Sun City West, Arizona
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

After a long drive from Dallas, we were just looking for a quiet, clean place to stay.

This La Quinta is it. Good beds, clean room (#129), friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast, decent linens, good flat screen TV with good selection of stations, convenient easy-to-get-to location, free local phone calls, extremely easy to use wi-fi, fair price, etc. What else could you want? The only things I did not like is the standard La Quinta soap. It dries my skin out. This La Quinta does not have a fitness center.

The Denny's next door will give you a 20% discount if you show your room key.

Added bonus, a beautiful nighttime view of El Paso.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Yikes! This place was horrible! I have stayed at many hotels, especially La Quintas, and this was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. It backs up to a warehouse where there are numerous shipping crates stacked everywhere. So, you know if there are shipping crates there may be rats. I saw one and that was enough. There was glass all over the place in this rocky area I was supposed to have my poor dogs relieve themselves in. Luckily, there are two small squares of grass in the parking lot that I eventually found. The rooms were not very clean and there were ants all over the bathroom floor. Also, the socks I wore in the room were almost black so I'm thinking the carpet wasn't too clean either. Staying at this hotel made for a stressful night. Got up in the a.m. to eat breakfast and the front desk guy was hanging out eating cereal and "our" breakfast was not available yet. The staff was just not very friendly or helpful. I am usually very pleased with La Quintas but this was just disappointing to say the least.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been traveling a lot this year and have been staying at La Quinta Inn's.
Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was nice.
If there is a negative it would be there was a lot of Big Truck traffic that woke me up a few times. Other than that, my stay was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I, we have stayed at this establishment in different cities on previous occasions, La Quinta is a little pricey, but when your looking for a neat place to lay your head this works. This particular Hotel did not disappoint us and believe the service to be good.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at a few other hotels in El Paso; however, I chose this hotel because it was close to my son and daughter in law. From the moment I walked in on Thanksgiving evening, the ladies greeted us with a smile. The first room we had was next to several families who had small children and those children were running up and down, screaming and yelling at 6:30 in the morning and not one of the parents quieted their children. I told the front desk and they offered to move us to another room and they apologized for my inconvenience, which I told them that I did not blame them at all. When I was checking out, the lady that checked us out was the lady that I booked my room with and she remembered me and that my daughter in law was about to give birth and asked me if the baby arrived (yes, safe and sound). There is also a Denny's right next to this hotel which provided excellent service. Also, they offer a 20% discount if you show them your room key from La Quinta. Will definitely be back in El Paso within the next few months and will be staying at La Quinta, Lomaland.

Waynesville, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in the La Quinta Inn El Paso Lomaland, 11033 Gateway Blvd West, El Paso, TX 79935 for 5 days. (28 Oct- 2 Nov 2012) I thought that it was a really nice place to stay at for my week of work. I looked at some of the other comments written by some of the customers, and said to myself, "WOW", and I stayed there. However, the so-called breakfast was not what I was used to. The eggs were very, very cold, as though they were done yesterday and put in the frig for in the morning. It was just a "Plain Jane place".
Two thing that upset me was the mail send out system and the false ad they had in my room, " All high dollar items may be kept in the safe in the front office". (Not used to this) So, being nice I go and asked one of the clerk about a drop mailbox, and he should me an open inbox tray on the desk top where he wanted me to drop my mail in. I told him, "No to the no, to the hell no. I'm not doing that". You crazy!" Then I asked him about storing some very important things and to secure some money. He told me that there is no safe here at all for customers. I told him that why do you have that posted in the room if you don't have one inside the room or in the front office. You are false advertising this in the room, and I told him that it needs to come down off the inside door if you seriuosly don't have one. He just looked at me and said nothing. I told him that as a Federal Government Employee, that better come down or I'll address this at a higher level. I never will stay there again for no reason and will tell others to never stay there.

Room Tip: Not your place, that's for sure! •"Rooms on the north side are quieter"