La Quinta Inn El Paso East Lomaland
$47
Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport(El Paso)(Great Value!)
$76
Red Roof Inn El Paso East(El Paso)(Great Value!)
$45
$74
Groupon.com
$80
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanovernight securityan older propertyparking lotroom keywaffleswould stay here againcontinental breakfastthe breakfast areaconvenient locationfront desk clerkgreat place to staybusiness tripdennysfreewaytxwalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We arrived at this location around close to midnight after traveling from LA by car, so we were exhausted. The room seemed clean enough but the air conditioning was not working. It was set to 64 was it was more than 85 degrees in the room. We called the front desk to request a new room, but were told to turn off the AC, wait 10 minutes, turn it back on and see if it cooled the room. If not, they would give us another room. By that time it was 1 a.m. and we didn't feel like packing up, changing rooms and finding ourselves in the same predicament. We needed to leave at 8 a.m., so didn't want to have less than 5 hours sleep. The room never cooled to below 80-something degrees. So we just laid on top of the bed without covers to sleep. The hotel clerk were very indifferent. Because we booked the room after 6 p.m. while on the road, there was no refund for cancellation. Therefore, the hotel knew it would be paid for the room regardless, and should have made sure that the room was cool and ready to go for our arrival. Common sense should dictate that travelers arring at midnight are tired and don't want to deal with room issues and changing rooms at 1 a.m. in the morning. Will never stay there again!!!! P.S. - the nightly rate was one of the highests we paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank imonde1958
Reviewed July 22, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here twice once on our way from Phoenix, AZ to Corpus Christi, TX and again on our way back. I am an extremely picky person when it comes to hotels but I also realize you get what you pay for. The purpose for us choosing this hotel both on our way to and from our intended destination, was simply to get a good night's sleep and then get back on the road. In that regard, this room fulfilled that need for our family. The carpets appeared to be clean (always something I inspect closely), the room smelled decent and nothing appeared to be broken. On the trip back from Corpus Christi however, the cleaning staff left a dirty washcloth in the bathtub which I think they had used to clean the restroom. That was quite nasty, not only because who knows what type of grunge was on the towel (and I had to touch it to remove it), but also because that means they use guest towels to clean with. YUCK. Thankfully I bring my own towels because the idea of community towels grosses me out. This may explain why the remaining bath towels looked REALLY dingy. Another thing that bugged me but I think really was to be expected at this price point, was the breakfast. This was not breakfast. I have stayed at Comfort Suites and the Hyatt recently, these hotels know how to do breakfast. La Quinta's breakfast had minimal offerings and the staff could not be bothered to restock what little there was. But even with the above noted information, I would still stay here again just to sleep. Just know that you cannot use their towels and be prepared to provide your own breakfast!

Room Tip: Request rooms near stairs or ice/vending machines. Also, take advantage of 20% discount at Denny's with your room key!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nichole K
Reviewed July 5, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great location and friendly staff. Clean and greatly kept grounds. Enjoyed our stay attending our friends wedding. The staff was accommodating and knowledgeable about the area and provided a great experience for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple